General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

why chevy? WHY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default why chevy? WHY?

Why did they have to stop making midsize sport utility vehicles in 2005?? I mean, im sure the trailblazer and equinox are decent vehicles......for girls, but I wouldnt waste a penny on them.....No offence to the guys that drive em here

pretty much forced to go import, and i hate it! shame on you chevy for letting the import companies take over what you started, shame on you

Old 01-01-2011, 07:26 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

totally agree. I told myself if they were to come out with a new blazer, i would finance one.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:55 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by matt92
totally agree. I told myself if they were to come out with a new blazer, i would finance one.
Be careful what you wish for. It might come back like the Chevy Nova

Old 01-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what you guys have against the Trailblazer platform... They are heads and tails better than the S-series in almost everything. One of the only downsides is the difficulty in lifting, but there are folks out there running 33" tires on stock axles with really minimal work. Another is that they did not make an offroad version like the ZR2.

The 4200 I6 is even more reliable than the 4.3L v6 with more power & torque to boot. With an optional 5.3L v8 in the short wheel base TB's available in 2005, GM gave you what the s-series never had.

Stock for stock, the Trailblazer is just as capable, if not more so, offroad.

And if you are "forced" to go import, what import are you going to choose? I mean, you just called everyone that drives a GMT360/370 platform truck a girl so please do elaborate.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:42 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I don't have anything against the Trailblazer. They can look pretty good in fact:

They don't make them anymore, though. Equinox and Travers are basically Honda CRV-type vehicles, so that leaves us with the Tahoe, which is a full size and 4 wheel drives start at 40 grand. :|

Old 01-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give it to you that the Traverse is not a mid-size SUV equivalent to either the S-series Blazer or the GMT360/370 Trailblazer vehicles. #1 is that it is primarily FWD. #2 is that it no longer is a body on frame.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:00 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I have always found it weird that chevy no longer makes one but. I'm not a huge fan of the trailblazer some of them modded look kinda neat but I don't like the way they look stock. Also, just from working on the one in our shop I can't say I like to work on them that well.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

my sisters husband had nothing but problems with his trailblazer, he had at least 2 S-10 blazers before the trailblazer that gave him few problems. he stopped driving it before the lease was up and got a new ridgeline. i prefer the S10 blazer over the new platform, but then again i hated the gen II styling back in '95, now im fine with it. dad is on his 4rth S-10 blazer and absolutly loves that chassis. he does say that the '05 he is driving now isnt quite as good on fuel or power than the '97 (with 170+k) that my wife now has. which is wierd since they both have the same motor, trans, diff gearing and tire size. the '05 doesnt have 100k yet, maybe its not quite broke in. oddly enough, im mainly a "ford guy" but id take a S-10 blazer any day over a explorer.

Last edited by racsan; 01-01-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:01 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I like the TrailBlazer. The Atlas 4200 is a great motor, they are more comfortable, and they offer that 400hp SS. The only thing I have heard and seen is they aren't as good offroad. But that's one thing, and activities like that are falling to the side. That's why TB was "replaced" with the Traverse. The general population doesn't want an off road ready SUV anymore. Now, before you go complaining about going foreign, remember Jeep still has the Grand Cherokee.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:32 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, the Trailblazer is just a glorified minivan imo, even looks the part. The newer cherokee's are only so-so, not really anything exciting there...

First things i'd like to test drive are 2002 4runner (last year of the nice body style)
a newer xterra with the 350z based "modified" 4.0 v6(around 250hp 250tq) and the toyota fj (love it or hate it) and if those dont work out then im stuck......decently priced 4runners are hard to come by here, i seen a 92 going for like $6000, and a 2005 blazer for under $9000 lol

Quick Reply: why chevy? WHY?