General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Heater Core IN T.Y. BUT!! a couple things not working HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:28 AM
arbowman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heater Core IN T.Y. BUT!! a couple things not working HELP!!!!!

Good morning, Heater Core in working great, only took 3 hrs. Thank you

BUT, a couple of things all to do with my steering column. Took the 4 retaining nuts off, lowered very nicely, and put back up when done very nicely, another words no problems or did not struggle with it at all.

My cruise control does not work now. What should I look for? Is it a vaccum controlled item?

The biggest issue is. Now my gear shift does not want to go into gear very easily, also my key will not turn back far enough(correct position) to take it out. It only goes far enough back so that the accessories do NOT come on but when opening the door it chimes and the little gear shift indicator on the dash panel is lite up. The little line that points to what gear your in is what I am talking about that seems to be lite up. I did notice that my gear shift level seems to be a bit loose(giggely). What should I look for? Do I need to pull the plastic cover off that hides all the internal eletrics in the column. I believe there are only a few screws that holds they split cover together right?

I really would like to get this back and in complete working condidtion. I was kind of bummed when I wrapped it all up and the heater core and everything to do with it worked great and now seem to have created another issues. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

It confuse's me because obviously the gear shift is a cable hook up down to the transfer. So My thoughts are that it is all up at the steering wheel where my issues are. HELP!!!

thank you in advance.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Default RE: Heater Core IN T.Y. BUT!! a couple things not working HELP!!!!!

'95 Blazer 4 wheel drive. W code sorry forgot that

Old 10-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Default RE: Heater Core IN T.Y. BUT!! a couple things not working HELP!!!!!

Hopefully someone will be able to help a bit.

I went to Autozone.com and thought I found something. It showed some sort of adjustment to the switch on the column to do with inserting a pin 3/8 and seemed like that might be it. So run home and not realizing, the key is stuck and now cannot take off the top filler panel on the column. It does not look like my '95 had this assembly but to hard to tell not being able to pull the top panel off.

Guys, all I did was lower the steering down and after install of the heater core put it back up in position. Now the gear shifter won't shift properly, key is stuck in a mid position and won't come out, the warning ringer rings all the time unless the vehicle is started. Oh and cruise control won't work(least of my worries).

NEED HELP. I do not wish to take it to the Shop and pay $75.00 and hour or whatever.