Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body lift and Suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:03 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Body lift and Suspension lift

I was discussing with the financees father about installing a lift in the future...

How tough would it be to do a body lift as well as a suspension lift or each individually?

Looking at a 6in suspension lift and just the 2in body lift

Old 12-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Not hard at all. I did my body lift after I did the 6" suspension lift. Here are some pics of my installs.

6" Suspension Lift install
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ift%20Install/

2" Body lift
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...4/Body%20Lift/

Old 12-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

sorry to say ..but that was the least helpful link i've ever looked through...no description of whats goin on..or any thing..mostly just random pics and goofin around..and then TA DA magically..it's done

Old 12-22-2009, 08:21 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

As long as you have the tools to do it, you should have an issue. Keep in mind when you do the body lift you need to lift the entire body off the frame, so you'll need some sort of jack stands.
The 6" lifts are in the area of $2000-$2500 if I recall. A good 2" BL will run you in the area of $200(for a cheap one)-$300. So if you're looking to do both I'd budget $3000 just to be safe.
You can gain around 2" of lift (in the rear) for $60 though. Just do a shackle lift. Then just crank the tbars in the front about 1.5" to fix the rake.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by MuddBunny84
sorry to say ..but that was the least helpful link i've ever looked through...no description of whats goin on..or any thing..mostly just random pics and goofin around..and then TA DA magically..it's done
It was to give him an idea of the install. I didn't say "hey here's a step by step install". But thanks for your

Old 12-22-2009, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sisk
As long as you have the tools to do it, you should have an issue. Keep in mind when you do the body lift you need to lift the entire body off the frame, so you'll need some sort of jack stands.
The 6" lifts are in the area of $2000-$2500 if I recall. A good 2" BL will run you in the area of $200(for a cheap one)-$300. So if you're looking to do both I'd budget $3000 just to be safe.
You can gain around 2" of lift (in the rear) for $60 though. Just do a shackle lift. Then just crank the tbars in the front about 1.5" to fix the rake.
Sisk is correct. But also remember when doing your body lift that you can only do one side at a time. Also a the 6" lift kit does require some welding so make sure you know how to weld or know someone who can weld some parts for you. oh and have fun shaving the side of the front diff because that took awhile to shave it till it fits in its new location.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Beginning Member
green w/ nv is on a distinguished road

im looking to do a body lift too, and i was wondering why do it one side at a time? i want to do a 3" body lift and i have seen other posts saying that would be a "safety issue". And sorry to ask allot of questions but does anybody know how to make a home made body lift?

Old 12-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Beginning Member
green w/ nv is on a distinguished road

another question i have is will i need any longer cable/ lines, etc.?

Old 12-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
It was to give him an idea of the install. I didn't say "hey here's a step by step install". But thanks for your

i misunderstood then i dont always read posts thoroughly..i assumed it was almost a step by step..my apologies

Old 12-22-2009, 10:25 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Ok so buying the kit will require some light fab work? I did not know that... How much fab work did yours need?

Quick Reply: Body lift and Suspension lift