New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member from New Hampshire

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Red Horse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Member from New Hampshire

Greetings fellow Blazer fans and owners.
My name is Jesse Red Horse, Tribal member of the Northern Blackfeet and a first time Blazer owner, well sort of!
this past Christmas my Dear wife knew I needed a new car / truck, so she set out to find me a dependable vehicle and when she showed me the pics of a 1997 red Chevy Blazer I fell in love with it.

Up till now I’ve always been a van owner and I never considered a Blazer as my main ride but for some reason this Blazer caught my wife’s eye and she knew it was a diamond in the rough, well, not really that rough, it needs some cosmetics.

Now the problem is , The Blazer is not in my drive way yet, it is having all the breaks replaced and any other mechanical defects fixed or replaced before she will bring it home for me.

I belong to a vanner web site and they are a bunch of great guys over there but my poor Ford E-350 is all but dead and would need too much time off the road to fix so this is why the Wife began a search for what she calls "A good Indian car" he he he !

I don’t know too much about it other than it is red as alloy rims and a tan interior in need of a good scrubbing, I’m at work right now and can
t post the pics but when I get home in the morning I will so that maybe some of you here can help me identify the type of Blazer and maybe the motor size (wife didn’t recall).

I was surprised to find a Blazer forum and if it is anything like other sites for certain rides this will be great for me as I don’t know anything about Blazers but I’m willing to learn.

Other than that I work as a full time EMT for a 911 EMS service crew dealing mainly in heavy Trauma.

I’m planning on fixing the "new' Ride up and adding any and all after market accessories that can be found, I have extensive experience in customizing interiors so I’m planning for a really nice interior for what I’m going too be calling "Project Razor Blazer".

I look forward to getting too share ideas on line with other members here and I’m happy too be here.
Jess Red Horse "My 1st Blazer", "where do I go from here"!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New Member from New Hampshire

Wow..
Sounds like you have a bit of work cut out for you.
Hope you have as much fun with yours as I have had with mine!
Welcome Aboard.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from the land of the long white cloud.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:48 AM

Thanks for the welcome,
That black Blazer is amazing and from what I can see of Byte Strykes that one is sweet also.
Mine is a long way off from the condition of your two but I will get there some day.
I'll be taking the first year to get it cleaned up, and fixed up too its original condition and then the fun will begin with the add ons.
I love those Chevy Bow tie rear tail light covers where did those come from?
I can see I'm going to spend many hours looking at the members rides section.
Thanks again for the welcome, I'm happy to be here.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:24 AM
quik1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome, I too am from NH (keene). You found THE place for all things Blazer. Since I joined i have found much info.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:41 PM

Quik1964,
maybe we can find more Blazer owners from NH and start up a club....That would be cool!
I wonder how many on this site are from our state?

thanks for the welcome!
Jess Red Horse.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13468/5D5EC28E6D0F423E9CAB6721D4E45984.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2008, 02:10 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the compliment Red Horse. Got your e-mail.

Yea, You Americans/Canadians seem quite amused at the RHD thing. Of course, don't forget we also drive on the other (wrong?) side of the road. I once drove from London to Paris & half way across (off the ferry) had to change to drive on the other side. Wierd! LOL Crazy driving thru Paris too.