Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Manual to Power Seat Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manual to Power Seat Conversion

I have a 2004 LS Blazer, 4dr 2wd and have an opportunity to purchase leather, power front seats for cheap. What is involved in switching to power seats?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Unbolting the old ones. Lifting them out of the cab. Lifting the new ones in and bolting them down. The only difference is you have to plug the new seats in to the existing plug under your old seats BEFORE attempting the power buttons

Check first to ensure the plug is present (should be) OR decode your RPO codes in the glove box and look for: AV0 SEAT FRT BKT, DRIVER, RECL, 8 WAY ADJUSTER, POWER it will be right on top on your glove box sticker.

IF YOU DONT HAVE THAT... then go to a junkyard and look for a blazer with said plug. then trace it all the way back until it hits something you have. yank it out and run with it. <-- GL that way though...

Old 11-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Starting Member

Thanks. I assumed I would have to hard wire them. Is this a great place or what? 10 minutes and I get an answer. Looking forward to the day I can actually contribute something.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:52 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MrJP
Looking forward to the day I can actually contribute something.
Dude! you and me both. I have 860 or so posts here and that might be 1 of 5 useful ones I have put up...

Did you end up having that plug/RPO already then? If so, You = FTW!

Last edited by ABN31B; 11-08-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:20 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Plug & Play.

Haul out the old, bolt in the new & off you go.

Just did mine last week. I've got a '99 LS with cloth seats & fitted leather, heated etc. from an 'o1 LT.

Check my post https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/good-news-bad-news-36428/

Old 11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Dude! you and me both. I have 860 or so posts here and that might be 1 of 5 useful ones I have put up...

Did you end up having that plug/RPO already then? If so, You = FTW!
Yes, looks like a 10 minute job per seat. And the new ones are much more comfortable. Putting them in Wednesday. As if it wasn't great enough having the day off to thank the vets, now I have something else to thank them for. Power, and Leather for under $ 100.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Plug & Play.

Haul out the old, bolt in the new & off you go.

Just did mine last week. I've got a '99 LS with cloth seats & fitted leather, heated etc. from an 'o1 LT.

Check my post https://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36428
That black and tan looks good together. I could go for that. But mine are black. I may have to find the rears now though.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:28 PM
NorCalLazer is on a distinguished road
Default Plug new ones in?

What if there wasn't power seats in the first place? O have a 96 blazer, got it used and I thought these were the original seats but the dont work. I need a more detailed answer- maybe diagrams too?

Old 12-16-2010, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

the plugs should be right under the seat tucked under the carpet slightly, thats how i found mine. when i converted to leather and power...bolt plug and recline

Old 12-16-2010, 05:25 PM
NorCalLazer is on a distinguished road
Default Sweet!

I haven't looked yet but you have no idea how happy I am that I'll be able to get it out of 'thegirlIboughtitoff' size- it was driving me crazy! Thanks brother ^5

Quick Reply: Manual to Power Seat Conversion