Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

How to: Keyless Entry!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 05:17 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to: Keyless Entry!!

Ok guys i have been wanting to do get stock keyless entry in my 99 blazer for months now. I've been all over ebay google and blazerforum. I have finally did it and im sharing my knowledge so you guys and gals can do it as well if you want.

The first thing you have to do is make sure that you don't have the AU0 code in your RPO codes in your glove box, if you do then you already have keyless entry. I don't know the year range for this but mine is a 99. The hardest part would be finding the keyless module. I've been all around google ebay gmpartsdirect.com, the dealer, craigslist and multiple junkyards. The thing with gmpartsdirect.com is it dosen't tell you if it works for your year so ordering the module from them is a crap shoot. But i now no the model number so you can order it threw them. You can also search around for the module out of a blazer, s10, jimmy, bravade, astro or safari. I got mine from a astro/safari.

The GM part number is 15732806.
It looks like this:

The FCC ID is: KOBLEAR1XT. You need this for when you buy a fob. The fob has to have a FCC ID of KOBLEAR1XR
(T standing for transmitter and R standing for receiver) Also the GM/LEAR number on the FOB is 15043458, this matters to the module you buy. (Another thing this is a example for me if your module has a different FCC ID then thats the FCC ID you have to match with on the FOB you buy)

So when you buy the module you plug it in under the hush panel see here:

Now this is the part everyone has different answers for is if you just plug it in does it work? The answer is NO. You have to bring it to the dealer there is no choice so don't ask
I payed $50 for the module $25 for the fob and $150 for the programming. When you go there the techie has to upload your BCM software to his TECH2 scanner (theTECH2cost almost $2000 dollars). He then toggels the BCM to recongize that the RKE module is now installed. But thats not it, on some of the trucks the tech has to call GM and get a number to put in there computer for your BCM for the calibration of the keyless module. This calibration cost the dealer $50 dollars so they charge you that $50 dollars. Orginally the dealer told me $90 until they found out about this Calibration software that has to be uploaded to your BCM. He also programmed the fob for me so
he would know that everything worked before i left. So altogethorit cost me $225 dollars for stock keyless entry.

All this matters on the dealer you go to, i got lucky that the tech that worked on my truck has done it to his own personal truck before so he knew what to do. All in all im happy although it cost me $225, id rather not have me or some shop ripping apart my wire harness and splicing in to all my ignition wires.

If you need any more help leave a message here.

Heres the instructions to Programming the Transmitters. This info i took from one of Swartlkk's Post so all credit goes tohim for the instructions.

IMPORTANT: Different keyless entry systems are used on General Motors vehicles. The parts are not interchangeable even though the parts may appear to be similar. Observe the back of the transmitter in order to properly identify the system. On 2000 SIT pickups and utilities, use a transmitter identified with GM/UTA preceding the part number.

1. With the driver door closed, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
6. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner in order to indicate that the receiver is in the programming mode:

6.1. Locking the doors
6.2. Unlocking the doors

IMPORTANT: All extra transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a new transmitter is programmed, the old transmitters will be deactivated.

7. Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter until the remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner:

7.1. Locking the doors.
7.2. Unlocking the doors.

8. Repeat step 7 for each additional transmitter.
9. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
10. In order to reprogram the remote control door lock transmitter with a scan tool, refer to Scan Tool Instructions .

Memory Seat Recall Programming

1. Adjust the driver seat to the desired position.
2. Press the switch labeled SET. A chime confirmation will be heard.
3. Press the desired position switch labeled 1 or 2. Within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch, a chime confirmation will be heard.
4. Press the UNLOCK button on the desired transmitter (key fob) within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch. A chime confirmation will be heard.

o The transmitter (key fob) is now programmed with the desired position switch. Pressing the transmitter UNLOCK button will cause a recall request to be initiated and the seat will adjust to position 1 or 2.
o The stored memory positions may be changed without having to reprogram the transmitter.
o The transmitter feature is available in all ignition positions.

Memory Seat Recall Unprogramming

1. Press the switch labeled SET. A chime confirmation will be heard.
2. Press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter (key fob) within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch.
3. Do not press any memory switch or power adjustment for 5 seconds . Pressing a switch will cancel the unprogramming event and the transmitter will remain programmed.

o The transmitter (key fob) is now unprogrammed and pressing the UNLOCK button will not effect memory seat operation.
o No chime confirmation will be heard when the UNLOCK button is pressed if the transmitter is unprogrammed

Old 01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
1991whiteoutblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How to: Keyless Entry!!

Excellent write-up!

Old 01-16-2009, 02:02 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How to: Keyless Entry!!

ty!

Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Starting Member
Denominator is on a distinguished road

Is this part of the wiring harness in place on a 95 blazer LT? My RKE code is AU3, if that helps. Would love to do this mod

Old 09-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Beginning Member
ozzman39 is on a distinguished road
Default picks

the picks u posted are dead can u repost them please?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I see them just fine...

Old 09-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Beginning Member

also
The FCC ID is: KOBLEAR1XT. You need this for when you buy a fob. The fob has to have a FCC ID of KOBLEAR1XR
(T standing for transmitter and R standing for receiver) Also the GM/LEAR number on the FOB is 15043458, this matters to the module you buy. (Another thing this is a example for me if your module has a different FCC ID then thats the FCC ID you have to match with on the FOB you buy)

so your saying the fccid has to match except for the last digit has to be a t for the fob correct? also i dont understand what your saying about the GM/LEAR number do they have to match?
thanks

i can see them on the thread just if i click on them it says they have been removed

Old 09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

fixed.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Beginning Member

if your code list does not include RP0 dont you also have to swap out the bcm unit? with one that has it?
__________________________________________________ _______________
i called up a gm dealer and told them if iv added the keyless module and have corresponding keys and asked about doing this and they said they dont know if they could but they try $50 regardless if it works or not told them i talked to someone that has a 99 that did it and they said theyv tried b4 and were not successful?

Last edited by rriddle3; 09-01-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 10-12-2009, 02:10 AM
Rlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to thank you for adding pics to this thread. I just got done with replacing the heater core in my 2000 Jimmy and noticed that my keyless entry wasn't working. I recognized the "keyless module" from the above pic and then realized that this was now under my radio instead of being by the drivers side, left knee. So here it is 3:00 in the mourning and I went out and popped off my dash and did the swap. Come to find out my rear defroster plug is the same as the module. Did the ol swap a roo and then held the Lock/Unlock for 7 seconds. (per manual) and now I have keyless entry again. The Internet is the best informational source hands down! Best thing ever for the diy'er and the people who can't afford to pay for things to be fixed.

Quick Reply: How to: Keyless Entry!!