Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

How to: Keyless Entry!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 AM
80sselky is an unknown quantity at this point

New info on this folks. Here are two pics. I got a new RKE module from GM, part number 15732806, but the FCC ID on it is KOBUT1XR. The used one the original poster has carries and FCC ID of KOBLEAR1XR. Lear OFFICIALLY changed the part number for the modules carrying KOBLEAR1XR. There is info on the sites for the keyless entry remotes for purchasing too saying that GM vehicles in 2001 came with 2 different modules. 15732806 is suppost to get modules with an FCC ID of KOBUT1BT (3 or 4 button style). 15042969 is suppost to get modules with an FCC ID of KOBLEAR1XT (3 or 4 button style). Here is the orig. photos of the modules submitted by LEAR to the FCC who made the receivers and remotes for GM:

They did make a reciever with KOBUT1BR, as the records are there, but I can't find the photo for it on the FCC ID site.

I'm not sure which to use so I guess I'm going to have to get 1 of each FCC ID transmitter. Maybe the original poster's FCC ID was a glitch, or they changed the shell of the unit perhaps for the service units. Also from justanswer I got a method from a GM head tech on how to add RKE if (and I note IF) your vehicle can not get a VCI calibration:

On the tech 2 go into body, then go into special functions and look for bcm setup, choose that, it will probably tell the bcm is locked and ask you if you want to configure options, choose yes, and thats where you will find a screen of things to select, rke being one of them, Now not all cars have the same screens, but this is the most common one you see on the tech2 tool, they are a little different depending on the vehicle, and since im not looking at your vehicle with the scan tool thats as close as i can come to tell you how to get into the bcm.

Hopefully this helps some others along who are going down this route.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:53 AM
80sselky is an unknown quantity at this point

With the help of member Lombard and him taking the pics of his keyless entry unit(that works properly in his 2000 Blazer), part number 15732806 receivers with an FCC ID on them of KOBUT1XR take a transmitter of KOBUT1BT. Hopefully this will help out some others with installing a new keyless entry unit with this FCC ID.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Starting Member
onekflyer is on a distinguished road

2ooo chevy blazer suv..just installed after market stereo..evrything is great, except whenever headlights come on, either manually or by sensor, I lose dash lights. Please help me??

Old 08-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onekflyer
2ooo chevy blazer suv..just installed after market stereo..evrything is great, except whenever headlights come on, either manually or by sensor, I lose dash lights. Please help me??
Doesn't have a thing to do with keyless entry. Please do not ask questions in posts that have nothing to do with your question/problem.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Starting Member
dougg01 is on a distinguished road

Well, what I didn't read in this thread the the question I would like to ask. I mgiht have missed it so please don't flame me if I did.

I have the fob, KRE module, BCM and everything off my 2000 Jimmy. Can I just swap all this stuff over to my 1997 Blazer (all 4dr, pw, pl, etc) and have keyless without visiting the dealer...? If I have to pay the dealer I'll just go aftermarket. It's not worth $200+ to me or dealing with the numbskulls here local (most - not all). What I don't want to do is experiment and screw things up and still need to visit the dealer. That'd suck.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I do not believe that the components from the 98+ are backwards compatible with the 96-97 trucks. IE, I believe you will have to find the parts from a 96-97 truck to use in your 97. I also do not think that the 96-97 trucks need to have any programming done besides the fob learn procedure.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i have a keypad for a 96 model blazer will it program to my 98

I have a keypad from a 96 and a 08 model blazer and im triing to program ether one of them to my 98 .But it doent seem to be workin and after reading about your adventure with it. I was interrested in what would be a good start going to the dealer or finding a keypad on line made for my model

Last edited by DaddysBlazer; 07-09-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Also my catilist effincency low bank one is the only code my new blazer is saying . My question is if i replace that o2 senser isnt it just going to do it again,should i just replace the catilitict converter now or just have the dang that removed all together?And will the service lite go off