Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Another Reason Not to Street Race

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:57 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Psychropod
I totally agree, but the Maryland politicians have been prompted by a very nasty street race that went bad on Indian Head Highway, a remote straightaway that's a few miles outside of Washington, DC. This was an illegal organized race in which some of the spectators did not stay a safe distance away from the road. One of the drivers lost control and hit several bystanders.

I'd also like to note that this very same phenomenon has happened at legal NASCAR races on closed tracks, so I don't fault the police or legislators for taking it seriously. I just don't think it's necessary to sacrifice civil rights or privacy to accomplish their goal.
They had an innocent Bystander killed by a Street race over in Orlando not long ago that has prompted a huge legal battle. In fact, their has been a few instances over there like that. It's just crazy. If I want to race, I'm going to the strip. But not the Blazer, too many people there will hand me my ***. lol

Old 02-24-2010, 06:21 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
...There are measures in some that allow an officer to cite you for "rapid acceleration", i.e. taking off from a stop too quickly, even if you don't break the speed limit or have wheelspin...
Not that uncommon of a law, in my experience. Kind of like a 'contest for speed' citation. They are used for multiple circumstances.

Originally Posted by Psychropod
...I just don't think it's necessary to sacrifice civil rights or privacy to accomplish their goal.
But if you use public roads, you lose a certain amount of privacy under the law.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Beginning Member
toxikchevy is on a distinguished road

Well the only problems with this that I have is I dont street race. And probably never have. But when there is no one around I like to feel a 327 spin the tires and break pavement. Its part of the dirt track in me. I used to do it a lot. I havnt lately but if I were to have been caught I sure wouldnt want to go to jail. especially when I am really composed behind the wheel when there is spin. IF i were to wreck and hit something it wouldnt be another car. It would have to be something like a pole or something ridiculous. I dont believe in illegal street racing though. It is very dangerous due to the stakes that are put up. Such as money or pinks.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brooklin67s
here in ontario...if you are caught doing 50km/h over (30mph) the speed limit. ur car is impounded for 7 days and license gone for 7 days with a court date for streeting racing with a fine of up to $10 000. This is such bull****. If your driving in an 80 zone, doing 100 and you go through a tiny town where you blink and your through it, but the speed limit drops out in the middle of no where. and you get busted for "street racing" THATS NOT STREET RACING. thats speeding. god the government in ontario are ratards
I thought they called it "stunt driving" you can get nailed for parking lot donuts and burnouts, as well as wheel spin from a set of lights... blah blah blah.

2 summers ago there were a few street-racing related deaths in Ontario, so it prompted the new law. Sudbury's too big for the number of cops we have, so in a week, I may see one cop... so really it hasn't curbed much, but there were a couple of kids doing some gymkhana runs in a parking lot in civics and **** who got nailed lmao, serves them right IMO.

And honestly, I know personally when I'm coming up to a little town I'm looking for the speed limit signs lol.

Last edited by oktain; 02-25-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

if they had free public tracks i'd do with this law. otherwise im against it.

free:not having to pay a single cent to use.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
if they had free public tracks i'd do with this law. otherwise im against it.

free:not having to pay a single cent to use.
That is just plain stupid. Doing it on the open road where the lives of innocent bystanders can be impacted by your "fun" because you would have to pay to do it otherwise...? Are you serious?

You have to pay to play. Do you think that the upkeep on a track is free? Or that it is free to build a good track??

Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swartlkk
That is just plain stupid. Doing it on the open road where the lives of innocent bystanders can be impacted by your "fun" because you would have to pay to do it otherwise...? Are you serious?

You have to pay to play. Do you think that the upkeep on a track is free? Or that it is free to build a good track??

why not use taxpayers money for the upkeep of the track & building it
im a taxpayer and i know they spend it on some ridiculous stuff. why not put it to something that would help. if you had a public track it would decrease the amount of street races. *something similar was mentioned above by another member. plus make it an extracurricular activity for teenagers that have somewhere to contructivly blow off some steam. maybe it would lower fights in school. who knows.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
why not use taxpayers money for the upkeep of the track & building it
im a taxpayer and i know they spend it on some ridiculous stuff. why not put it to something that would help. if you had a public track it would decrease the amount of street races. *something similar was mentioned above by another member. plus make it an extracurricular activity for teenagers that have somewhere to contructivly blow off some steam. maybe it would lower fights in school. who knows.
Wow... Again, I'll ask... ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Use everyone's money to fund the hobby of a select few? Misguided much? This is the epitome of the entitlement generation. Oh what it is to be young and naive.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Wow... Again, I'll ask... ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Use everyone's money to fund the hobby of a select few? Misguided much? This is the epitome of the entitlement generation. Oh what it is to be young and naive.

isn't that what happens to tax payers money kyle? its suppose to benefeit all but even you can agree not everyone is going to agree 100% on one topic. the system isn't perfect and it probably never will be. why do cars go over 70mph? i'd have thought if they wanted to stop speeding they would put sensors in vehicles to limit speed. which could be easily done. then where would they get the money they would lose from speeding tickets? im not gonna go on cause we are on complete opposite ends and i could come up with many examples. like you said im young, yes, inexperienced, yes.. i guess you learn when you grow up....

Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Administrator

That is not what is supposed to happen with tax money. But saying that it is supposed to benefit all like you have said is contrary to having a free, tax funded drag strip or circle track. Racing is a hobby that is not shared by everyone. Actually, the majority of the population could likely care less. I would venture a guess that the reason for that feeling is due to the image that current street racers have put on the whole sport, but that is besides the point.

Hobbies are chosen not only because of the cost of the hobby, but mainly because of the enjoyment you get out of it. I'll reiterate a statement I made a few posts up. You have to pay to play. You will pay up to a point where the expense out weights the enjoyment you get out of it. If it gets too expensive, you will change hobbies. Change to something that is illegal and you should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. You know the consequences. When you choose to do something illegal, you have made a choice to deal with the consequences. Once you get out into the real world, this will be something that becomes painfully obvious to you.

Quick Reply: Another Reason Not to Street Race