Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Missed passing opportunity.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:20 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbr995
I'm guilty of shutting a tool like that. But then they start tailgating and crap. Whatever, It's not like I'm going slow. I normally cruise 5-10 over.
which is why i haven't UC or removed the Winter Import Bumper yet.

they sure take a step back when they see that nasty bad boy!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:13 PM
shligger is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
which is why i haven't UC or removed the Winter Import Bumper yet.

they sure take a step back when they see that nasty bad boy!
I talked to a guy who drove an early '90s Silverado. He said he got rear ended once but the truck took no damage. You see, his truck had a large trailer hitch and ball to match and the vehicle that rear ended him got totaled. The hitch drove straight into the offender's engine while the Silverado took no damage aside from the ball itself scratching.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:17 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shligger
I talked to a guy who drove an early '90s Silverado. He said he got rear ended once but the truck took no damage. You see, his truck had a large trailer hitch and ball to match and the vehicle that rear ended him got totaled. The hitch drove straight into the offender's engine while the Silverado took no damage aside from the ball itself scratching.
yeah chevy has the tailer hitch thing down, perfectly placed

Old 06-27-2010, 12:02 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by m3ch
yeah chevy has the tailer hitch thing down, perfectly placed

oh, i don't know..............i think i've got the factory one beat.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:37 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I hate people who gun it to take a front merge spot... especially when I was sitting in stand still traffic and people go flying by expecting a spot...

Old 06-27-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
oh, i don't know..............i think i've got the factory one beat.

haha i take that back, you have a perfectly placed hitch

Old 06-29-2010, 01:50 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Just last night i had some civic with a fart can following me coming up to the construction, with a merge not far ahead. He pulled out and I heard him stomp on it, so for fun I did the same thing, I pulled away and once I got close enough to the merge I let off. He had to drop behind. The stretch was MAYBE 50yards long where this happened.

Anyway, the guy starts tailgating and it was apparent he was pissed... hmmm didn't like a taste of his own medicine... I hit my turn off 50 yards after the merge and turned up to go home. I've still got this Civic on my bumper, like all I saw was the top of his roof and his eyes glaring at me over my tailgate...

"Alright... let's go for a drive" so I started going down every side street within a 2 mile radius of my house lol. After about 10 minutes I turned off onto this side street where my snowmobile trails cross and causally took my time, still all I see are his eyes and the top of his roof. I had my big hitch receiver on because I towed my friend's ATV to the garage for him, so I jammed on the brakes... Civic does the same and once I see him freak and his front end drop I punch it, turn off down my trail which goes between 2 parallel side streets, hit the other street and headed home.

And that's the reason you should just let the ***-hat race past you and butt in the line... you don't know what kind of lunatics are behind the wheel.

Also, if you get into a similar situ... don't pull over, he's either gonna "cap you" or punch your lights out... depends on where you're from.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by oktain
Just last night i had some civic with a fart can following me coming up to the construction, with a merge not far ahead. He pulled out and I heard him stomp on it, so for fun I did the same thing, I pulled away and once I got close enough to the merge I let off. He had to drop behind. The stretch was MAYBE 50yards long where this happened.

Anyway, the guy starts tailgating and it was apparent he was pissed... hmmm didn't like a taste of his own medicine... I hit my turn off 50 yards after the merge and turned up to go home. I've still got this Civic on my bumper, like all I saw was the top of his roof and his eyes glaring at me over my tailgate...

"Alright... let's go for a drive" so I started going down every side street within a 2 mile radius of my house lol. After about 10 minutes I turned off onto this side street where my snowmobile trails cross and causally took my time, still all I see are his eyes and the top of his roof. I had my big hitch receiver on because I towed my friend's ATV to the garage for him, so I jammed on the brakes... Civic does the same and once I see him freak and his front end drop I punch it, turn off down my trail which goes between 2 parallel side streets, hit the other street and headed home.

And that's the reason you should just let the ***-hat race past you and butt in the line... you don't know what kind of lunatics are behind the wheel.

Also, if you get into a similar situ... don't pull over, he's either gonna "cap you" or punch your lights out... depends on where you're from.
haha great story, i hate the civics up here(northern minnesota) all they have are bodykits and spoilers, slower than a blazer, and yet they still try to race around town (not promotiong street racing) someone was doing that to me once, slammed my brakes, and they backed off......way off =) they never hit me tho =( plus they wouldve hit my bumper

Old 07-06-2010, 09:38 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

this is the type of BS i deal with here in Metro Detroit. people are always in the biggest hurry.

Today, i was on Mack Avenue (haha my name is Mack as is our main road) doing 38 in a 35, yes i know bad Mack, and this Chrysler 300 is weaving in and out of traffic doing 45-50. i speed up to get next to a brand new suburban for a rolling road block. Mr. 300 gets behind me and starts riding my butt so much i don't even see his forehead. so, i speed up and let him go flying around me, he gets in front of me and goes about 4 more blocks, gets in the turn lane, and turns right into the Little Caesars pizza, where i'm going, and rockets into the parking lot nearly hitting a kid on a bike. I pull in, park, and mind my own business.

the driver is about 5'9" and 140, i'm 6'3" 230. he comes running up to me in his suit and tie and starts yelling at me for my a**hole move and driving "unsafely". i look down at him, tell him to back away before i force him away. He keeps talking and jabbering on about how he had the right of way and all that. my response to that is loudly "get the f%%k out of my face you low life piece of sh**. he swings and caught me across the chin. I turned and shoved him hard, he landed on his butt and threatened to call the cops. Lucky for me, the Suburban had been in the lot the whole time watching and had already called the police. After 30 minutes talking with some nice cops who were making sure i still had all my teeth (i was spitting blood), they wrote the 300 driver a ticket for DUI and Public intoxication. He reeked of booze apparently, and blew a .20 while the legal limit is .08. This was at 8:30 tonight.

Note to self, don't get pizza when the idiot you made slow down turns into the lot in front of you

Old 07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I hate to be Mr. ThreadCrapper... But I have a nice axe and whiffle ball bat tucked behind my seat, so that if I were to get out.... I am NEVER alone....

But in IL, there is NO conceal and carry... So no REAL worry of getting shot... kinda

Quick Reply: Missed passing opportunity.