Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

One Less Honda on the road...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:30 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABN31B
oktain: not a flame, sarcasim OH you mean on the BC... ill shoot you a picture. There is very shallow scratches on the front D side where it wraps around (maybe 4-6" long) that would easily sand out. Also, there is a nice ball hitch sized semi circle from where a previous owner got up close and personal with somebody's tow set up, but it isn't THAT bad (probably the size of half of the top half of standard door ****) ill PM you a pic if you are still interested.

1oldK5: yet look at all the folks here trying to make their old, less efficient heaps keep on truckin' & everyone knows lighter = faster and faster = safe since you spend less time next to the fool that wants your lane....
I'm thinking about it... I'm going to get the "you're ****ing nuts!" from my dad, and I'm curious if it'd be able to keep my tow hooks...

I just really like the look of the front end on 1baddblazer's truck.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:44 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

well, here is a pic ooo of what it looks like on my truck. pull it up and pull up the thumbnail on the bottom to better spot the damage i mentioned. still interested? I'll do a professional center fold of it for you if yes.

Also it WILL cover your tow hooks, BUT they are just to the side of the lower center opening, and you can still hook up and pull things/be towed, with out damage to the bumper.

Attached Thumbnails One Less Honda on the road...-12.jpg  

Last edited by ABN31B; 10-15-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:59 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oktain
I'm thinking about it... I'm going to get the "you're ****ing nuts!" from my dad, and I'm curious if it'd be able to keep my tow hooks...

I just really like the look of the front end on 1baddblazer's truck.
i was thinking the same thing Pat, and figured with a plate to move them over (plus reinforced in the right spots), and i think the SS cover would work with tow hooks.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
1oldK5: yet look at all the folks here trying to make their old, less efficient heaps keep on truckin' & everyone knows lighter = faster and faster = safe since you spend less time next to the fool that wants your lane....
Haha that's very true that's why I opted to build a 383 instead of just a stock 350 even though it would have been a hell of a lot cheaper. Truck has some nice get up and go for how heavy the damn thing is and it'll be that much better if I actually get around to removing the body lift and stepping down to a 35" tire like I would like to.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'll talk to the father figure in my life and see what he thinks lol, he'll be helping me with the install.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:53 PM
BF Veteran

install! lolz its a bumper cover. remove grille(yank) then 4 bolts + 4 nuts + your time to tighten them = installed just slides over existing bumper/valance

Old 10-16-2009, 04:07 PM
BF Veteran

UPDATE: The Casualties are Rising!

This just in! The latest battlefield estimates put the part-death toll much higher than originally speculated. While it was know at the time of impact that a tire had been lost, the alignment was presumed gone, and a balancing weight gave of itself for the greater good, the known damage count continues to climb.

Today a Hub and Bearing assemby, upper, and lower ball joint succumb to wounds recieved. Already disheartened by 2 days without a vehicle, the Blazers owner was quoted just this morning saying, "Really? Well hell, That means I'm stuck in this rented Jetta until Monday now? Looks like I'll go lurk around the VW Forum then."

When the Blazer was reached for comment, it did not respond to questions. As it is a truck.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran

LMAO, hope the insurance $$$ covers it all.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

got another "One Less Honda On The Road" story for you tonight.

my wife needed to get a baby shower gift for tomorrow, so she called me and said, "meet me @ the "Park 'n Ride" (@ Hwy's 400 & 9), and we'll go into Newmarket for dinner too. so i meet her there for 5:20 tonight, do the "how was your day dear" bit, and we're on our way. not even 3 minutes down the road, some *******, in a new Civic no less (talk about ironic!), decides that he's gonna wait until i'm 100 feet from his driver's door, to casually pull out in front of me.
i'll give him that since i was traveling EB, the Sun was in his eyes, but you'd think this would make a person triple check before merging onto a highway from a stop.
for those that don't know the area, Highway 9 (which i was on) is a major rural highway that runs East/West across the top of Toronto, has a posted speed of 80K (50 MPH) but everyone does 100K (60 MPH), and is 4 lanes wide with a center turn lane aprox. 15 feet wide.
where this idiot was pulling out from, is right where they just installed new traffic lights (just activated them on Tuesday), now i know why.
lucky for this tool i had just put on my Blizzak's (my Toyo's seem to lock up really easily when i hammer the brakes), 'cause when i hit the brakes and swerved out & right back in to miss him by "practically nothing" (according to my wife), since i was also trying not to take out the 3 girls in a black Cavalier on my left rear quarter, the tires grabbed like they had glue on them (thank God). i only realized after the near miss, how hard i had hit the brakes-my interior panel for the moon roof had slid 3/4 of the way shut!
the biggest pisser, this waste-of-human-DNA never even tried to aviod anything. never went for the shoulder, never hit his brakes, he just kept coming out while flashing his high beams @ me! at least the 3 girls in the Cavalier were appreciative of my lightning reflexes.

just goes to show why i'm always telling my kids to try not to distract me (or any one who's driving) so much, it's a freakin' dangerous world we have to drive in everyday.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
Wink

i'm glad you made it out of that one! That could have ended in tragedy very easily, and I'm not just talking about mashing up your Blazer...
It seems to always be the a-hole with no regard for anyone else that pulls this kind of crap. You never get run off the road by a dude that stops, comes to see if you are ok, and say sorry you put it in a ditch because i was in a hurry. ya'know?

Originally Posted by oktain
LMAO, hope the insurance $$$ covers it all.
PFT! the insurance $ was for the other damage! i am about to become a full fledged recruiter, i SHOULD be able to sell this as "additional unseen damages found by a qualified mechanic after the first outside inspection" to get this covered. i'm open to suggestions by anyone who has dealt with insurance companies before...

'defraud' is such a dirty word... i like to think of it more as 'creative billing' ....

Quick Reply: One Less Honda on the road...