Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

wheel spacers for rear - ok if I never take the freeway?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Starting Member
96jimmyslt4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default wheel spacers for rear - ok if I never take the freeway?

I basically never take the freeway

I want the rear to be equal with the front

as you probably know, the rear is for some reason, inset or w/e it's called

I think it looks stupid

I just want to being the tires even with the fender flares, just like the front.

I never really take the freeway.

I am also pretty sure I would feel the wheel coming loose?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I also thought about getting new wheels (which I want to do) but then I would still have the issue of not being able to rotate tires....

I have cash right now and feel like spending it on something that I will have for a long time

Old 08-30-2011, 10:07 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Why would you not want to go on the freeway if you install spacers on the rear? I've had spacers on mine for a few years now and have gone on more than a few cross country romps, to include some fairly rough offroading.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:20 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I think he's concerned with the wheels coming loose, but as long as you tighten them properly that shouldn't be an issue.

However, IIRC, the fronts are wider than the rears for stability purposes, so by widening the rear you make your vehicle less stable in turns and whatnot. Doesn't make it "unsafe" to drive, you just need to pay more attention.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i agree, wheel adapters/spacers are fine if you pay attention to detail
i have .75 inch on rear since last feb. i put loctite on them torqued them and check every so often...yet to have them move an inch. you should be fine.
i also drive all over the place...never an issue. except no tire shop will touch my rear axle now....oh well.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have one inch spacers on the front and one and a quarter inch on the back Ive gotten enlongated studs so it would all fit welcome to the world of twenty twos or larger I have seen up to two inch spacer on a truck with thirty threes.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Starting Member
closer is on a distinguished road

I have an '86 iroc camaro with c6 corvette rims. And we have to run 2" to 2.5" spacer to get the rims to fit in the rear. I've never had a problem with aluminum spacers. Just like everyone says... Just put alittle "medium" loctite on the studs for the spacer to bolt on and bolt your wheel on like normal to the spacer.
The only problem I see with a spacer causing problems on the freeway or off road is if you get one that's too wide and causes the tire to rub the outter fender when the suspension compresses.