Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Zr2 and lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
this is true. and Did they make any zr2 pickups with just the single cabs? or the ones that I saw are they just look alikes?
If I'm not mistaken, single cab ZR2's were made up until '98. After that, they were all extended cabs.

And, yes, I can look at a Blazer, Jimmy, S-10 or Sonoma and be able to tell you if it is a ZR2 or a clone. Really not hard to tell the difference.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

hmmm I'm still confused about the single cabs since they had the 98+ headlights. Both I see are red with black flares so are they clones? I would think i'd be fairly easy to put zr2 flares and 31's on a single cab

Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

You would need the whole fender, Or do a hack job to put the flares on. Could just be converted front ends?

Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
like zedartwo said. you cant make a standard blazer a ZR2. They have different frames, suspension, fenders, and rear quarters. For lifting it do a search. There is a whole list of options for you. There is not a 4in lift. You can do a 2in bodylift and crank the tbars 1.5in and put shackles in the back.
guys, don't be giving misinformation.

they don't have different frames, just front suspension & mounting points (don't be starting that debate again! it was like 3 or 4 pages llast time)

and besides the debate about making a "cloned" ZR, where are you gonna find the flares? i've only ever come across one complete set of them, and i was nice enough to steer a fellow member to them.

@ the OP; if you wanna go big, you're gonna have to be prepared to pay a bit.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:08 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Not to mention the ZR2 flares won't fit on a regular S-series. Bushwackers are your only option and they will be from $400 to beyond, unless you wanna do a lot of hacking.

Leaf spring hangers are an easy way to tell a ZR2 from a non-zr.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:30 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I went and checked and I know a guy that has a '99 regular cab ZR2, so I stand corrected on them ending in '98.

Very easy way to tell if it is a ZR2 or not on someone's ride that you just happen to see is to look up in the front wheel wells. ZR2 will be stamped in there. Along with a number of other ways to tell.

But, reg cab ZR2's do indeed exist.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:01 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

they don't have different frames, just front suspension & mounting points (don't be starting that debate again! it was like 3 or 4 pages llast time)

and besides the debate about making a "cloned" ZR, where are you gonna find the flares? i've only ever come across one complete set of them, and i was nice enough to steer a fellow member to them.

yeah, most of the mounting points a different. Since they are welded to the frame I considered it to be part of the frame. Its not like you could replace a non-z frame with a z frame without cutting the brackets off and welding new ones on.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:59 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NVANZEE

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

yeah, most of the mounting points a different. Since they are welded to the frame I considered it to be part of the frame. Its not like you could replace a non-z frame with a z frame without cutting the brackets off and welding new ones on.

fair enough.

but what's stopping me from finding a ZR roll-over (i've come across 2 actually), buying, stripping off the damaged body, and dropping on a "normal" Blazer body?

hell, i'll even stretch it a bit, and slip it under my 4 door!

wouldn't be the first time i stretched a truck.