1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Leaky Blazer 1991

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Post up some pictures of the flex plate once you get that cover off. This should be something your mechanic has already done if he recommended you plop down a bunch of money for something you may or may not need to replace. But if no oil is coming out of these locations, then it is hard to believe that it is a main seal problem.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Craziebladez is on a distinguished road

My mechanic hasnt told me anything..I think you have me mixed up with someone else.I am going to take off that oil line adapter and see what thats all about.I might just go get a new one.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, thought you had said something about a mechanic in an earlier post. My mistake.

About your PM, please ask your questions in the open forum.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:36 PM

The Oil Line Adapter can that be replaced?Is that what it is actually called because ive been searching it on the autozone website and cant seem to find it.Also..Sould i drop the flywheel cover to see if my main seal is leaking?I think I want to replace the oil line adapter first and see if that solves the problem.
-Jeremy

Old 03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Administrator

You can replace the gasket. It should be a square cut gasket much like what a typical oil filter has on it. I am not too sure what most websites call it. They seem to never agree...

I would drop the flywheel cover just to have a look and make sure that the problem does not stem further. It can be fun to get out and back in, but it really should not take a whole bunch of time.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:37 PM

I will be dropping out the flywheel cover and checking it out..Can i ask what i am looking for?I am new to working on 4x4s,I am only 17 and trying to do the work alone..My grandfather and uncles are mechanics so they know what to do but this is my second car and i love to learn.So what am i looking for?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Like I said before, if the front of the flex plate is covered in oil, then you have a rear main seal leak. If not, then the rear main seal is fine.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:00 PM

Ok thanks =) will take pics for you guys.Check out my other thread about mechanical gauges =)https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/converting-mechanical-dash-28477/

Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Starting Member
Johns1987Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

advance auto parts has the gasket you need for about 5 bucks. this should fix it!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:29 PM

But do we know what the gasket is called?

Quick Reply: Leaky Blazer 1991