1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Stripped Torx Screw On CPI Nut Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:07 PM
whheezzzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stripped Torx Screw On CPI Nut Kit

O god lord i have 93' S-10 Blazzy wit Vortec 4.3 CPI and i decided to replace spider assemble and Nut kit "with inlet/outlet fuel lines. Well all is well after reading manuels and how to's on here. Except for the number T-30 torx "star" screw that goes into the U shaped bracket that holds the inlet/outlet fuel line on that leads to the spider assembly. Its soo cramped back there that it indeed up getting stipped out. Ive tried everything, too small area for needle nose,vice grips,pliers ect, And both lines have cracks in them so they need to be replaced. Im on my wits end i have a snake dremel tool that im maybe going to try to either cut the head off, or make a slit for a flat head to fit, but im worried about makeing sparks and BOOM!! ,theres no pressure left in line and its been sittin for a couple days and i smell now fuel.

But i was thinkin of squirting W40 while dremleing so no sparks would fly. Ive tried useing a screw extractor but its too long and i cant get enough pressure with my habd to screw it in because of the firewall in the way

Old 06-14-2007, 08:13 PM
matt987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Stripped Torx Screw On CPI Nut Kit

i had the SAME problem! what i did to fix it was..first take off the windsheild wiper motor! this gives you worlds of room. then get pliers or something to bend the bracket open a little..the"U"on the right hand side...(allowing space for movement to turn.. the more you bend the more it can move) then get a flat head screwdriver or a punch and a hammer.. hit the top of the bracket on the edges(start on the side that you bent ).. as if tou were trying to get it to turn.. after a few hits and you get it to move you will also have loosened the hold of the single retainer screw..then you will be able to get it out with a small set of vice grip pliers or whatever you have.. BTW...dont forget to disconnect the fuel lines going to the intake before doing all of this..

the only other alternative is to take off the lower intake manifold...which isnt hard, but much more involved to reassemble...

DO NOT USE A CUTOFF TOOL OR ANYTHING THAT WILL CREATE SPARKS..remember your dealing with FUEL LINES!

just to remind you..because believe me, i was tempted to start cutting! good luck