1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

1994 factory keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:58 PM
drummerdude is on a distinguished road
Default 1994 factory keyless entry

I have had 2 1994 S10 blazers. The first was an LT model with the keyless entry. The second is not. I have been using the LT model as a parts vehicle for my current driver. So far I have grabbed the OC to install and now I am looking into the factory keyless entry. I understand that this module is located under the center arm rest. Would a non LT model have this module? If not, would it atleast have the wiring? That I could simply plug in the module.

Thanks

Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 PM

anyone?

Old 01-25-2010, 06:17 PM

seriously?? No one?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

All this time and you haven't opened it up and looked? It is a crap shoot with the older models whether the wiring will be there or not. The location you have stated sounds about right. I believe RKE was an offered option on all models so the LS may or may not have the RKE module.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 PM

well no luck. No RKE module or wiring under the arm rest. Anyone know, was this a completely different wiring harness or might I find a connection somewhere under the dash for one?

Old 04-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

You might find one under the dash. I can look at the factory wiring diagram and get back to you only it probably won't be tomorrow. I discovered that I had one when I took out the console, The module is actually under the console box and velcroed to the bottom. Did you look real hard? Mine was shoved up forward quite a ways. I then just bought a couple of remotes off e-bay for like less than $15.00 each and reprogrammed them. Took all of about 45 seconds. I know the RKE ties into the door locks and the rear window release. Shouldn't be too hard to make something work. Why don't you check your RPO code and seeif your truck did come with one?

Old 04-04-2010, 12:42 PM

I had completely removed the console, no module. However if there is a harness plug, I might put one in.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:11 PM

I'll see what I can find out. Been out of town.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Starting Member
ussexplorer is on a distinguished road
Default thank you

So thank you for your post. Wish you luck in the find. The center console between the seats was broken. So I pulled it out and there is was. A little black box with velcro on it. I unpluged it Brought it in and refferenced the fcc id number on it. Came back asap with being the 1st ken keyless entry module.

Thanks,

josh

Old 04-05-2010, 01:45 AM

Just like me. Surprise! There is an outfit called Midwest Keyless that has an e-bay store to get your remotes from. I paid under $15.00 each for mine and they (2) work like a champ. The instructions you get from them - I don't know if they work or not to program them to your vehicle. I have a factory Service Manual I used to program mine with. Let me know.
drummerdude
Do you have the wiring? Maybe and maybe not and maybe some but not all of it. Here's the scoop. Do you have a 2 door or a 4 door? Do you have power outside mirrors? Yes it makes a difference. If you PM me I can better explain about what it's going to take.

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 04-05-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Quick Reply: 1994 factory keyless entry