1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

4WD Posi-Lock Link System

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is a sensor in the front diff that triggers when the cable gets pulled. Since you are still pulling on the cable, it will still trigger the switch same as the original vacuum actuator did.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

Hopefully this threads not TOO dead LOL.

My question is, Say your actuator IS NOT working due to vacuum issues, and you want to do the posi-lock. If you install the posi-lock and you do the proper steps (press 4-hi button then pull the cable and lock it) will your dash still light up or does all the vacuume lines need to be working? I might of missed that little bit of info but didnt feel like reading anymore LOL I want to do this set up but worried that i need to make sure all my vacuume lines coming from the transfer case are working. Or if this set up completely illiminates the vacuume system.

Much appreciated information as always,
Chris

Old 06-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It completely replaces the vacuum system. If the TCCM requires a signal to illuminate the light, it is accomplished via the switch at the front axle (normally open and closes when the axle is engaged).

Old 06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Starting Member

good deal. thanks for your quick reply. i'll probably be doing this project later in the year since i have other issues to address. atleast before it snows though haha

Old 08-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Starting Member

So i tried this project and unfortuneatly failed miserably. I did all the steps that the DIY thread explained and for some reason i couldnt get the posi lok cable to pull the actuator cable. I dunno exactly what i did wrong. The cable i mounted in the cab was extremely hard to pull and would not release after i pulled the cable. So now i either have to find a new bracket for a new actuator...any ideas or tips would be great.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Sounds like you might have a froze up cable that runs from the diff up to where the actuator was.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:21 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

There is a sensor on the frontaxle that lights up when the front end is locked. The lights still work just fine, you just have a 2wd low that isn't listed on the console.

No edit button on mobile site and I didn't notice the 2nd page, nm that last post