1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

# 6 cylinder not getting gas...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 04:45 PM
JerryB52 is on a distinguished road
Red face # 6 cylinder not getting gas...

Just came from talking with the mechanic that I had to take the 94 Blazer to. He got it running but it's only firing on 5 cylinders.
The #6 cylinder not getting gas.. He pulled the plug and it was dry.

Do I need new fuel injector spider???
He said something about putting it up on the lift tomorrow and resticting a line to try to get the injector working???

I'm at a loss for words. 138,000 miles on this 94 Blazer. It ran fine the 1st month I had it then replaced EGR and right after that the fuel pump died so put in a new AC Delco and ran 1 1/2 days and that was 2 months ago. Also new ignition coil, dist. cap, rotor fuel filter. I can do the simple stuff.
It's not the FPR or Nut Kit. Had plenem off and they're not leaking at all...

Guess I got a lemon. It sat around alot so that's why the low miles.
Need to make lemonade !!!

Last edited by JerryB52; 07-11-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Did you lift that injector nozzle out of the hole and see that its not spraying when you try and start it? You can unhook the power to the coil to eliminate a spark and have someone crank it over a couple turns to see if its spraying while you hold it back out of the hole. try another to compare to. be careful the little tangs you have to squeeze can be a little brittle just squeeze em and pull it straight out of the hole. they snap back in. If its not spraying, then changing the spider and nut kit is easy at this point, and you might as well change the injector wire plug and clean out the EGR passages while you are at it.

The low miler makes it even more worth fixing in my eyes!

Old 07-12-2011, 04:29 AM

Thanks.
It is worth fixing. I told the mechanic yesterday to do whatever to get it running properly.
This car will be driven daily.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The CPI engine is a batch fired engine. If one cylinder is not getting fuel, then the poppet nozzle for that cylinder has to be stuck closed.

With the inherent problems that surround these poppet nozzles, I would recommend a new spider. Along with that, new internal fuel lines are a must as they do not like being disturbed and will leak if reused after a spider replacement. While in there doing all this, replace the injector harness & connector to the spider.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
new internal fuel lines are a must as they do not like being disturbed and will leak if reused after a spider replacement. While in there doing all this, replace the injector harness & connector to the spider.
Referring to the internal fuel lines, you mean what they call the "nut kit"?

Old 07-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.