1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

91 blazer seems flooded on start

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 PM
jettmech2002 is on a distinguished road
Default 91 blazer seems flooded on start

i need some help my 91 blazer only starts when i put the gas pedal on the floor and it will clear up and idle fine. kill it and try to start it again and it seems flooded again. i did just notice the service engine light is on but not sure its connected because it has digital dash and some lights just got fixed. any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated. thanks

alan

Old 09-25-2009, 01:34 AM

anybody here anyone. need help!!!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:57 PM

seriously nobody has anything for me. THIS IS FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!!! did everybody develop carpel tunnel syndrone. please offer me any suggestions i need this thing to start and run correctly.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:30 AM

15 som bitches looked at this and nobody has any suggestions. this has got to be the most helpful place in the world.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:37 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jettmech2002
i need some help my 91 blazer only starts when i put the gas pedal on the floor and it will clear up and idle fine. kill it and try to start it again and it seems flooded again. i did just notice the service engine light is on but not sure its connected because it has digital dash and some lights just got fixed. any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated. thanks

alan
those digital dashes are crap (always burning out), i upgraded my '84 Blazer to a 4.3 TBI with the digital dash (biggest mistake i ever made using that cluster). don't disregard the SES light 'cause you just replaced a few bulbs, not even sure why you would think it's not related. go and have your truck scanned, 'cause there's gonna be codes in there.
you can find the codes yourself if you want (really easy, and saves your $). under the dash, between your knees, there is a rectangular plug for the OBD hook-up.
-Ground terminals A and B (see diagram below) with the ignition "ON" and engine not running. The system will enter the diagnostic mode. In this mode, the computer will display a Code 12, three consecutive times, by flashing the "CHECK ENGINE" light. A Code 12 consists of one flash, a short pause, then two flashes in rapid succession.
-After Code 12 is displayed, any stored trouble codes will be displayed by flashing the "CHECK ENGINE" light. All codes are displayed 3 times each then a code 12 will repeat. In the diagnostic mode, the computer will also energize all computer controlled relays and solenoids.

i've put up a picture of what the connector looks like, and which terminals to ground.

once you "count the flashes", post them up here, and we'll tell ya what they mean.

just because there have been a few people looking @ your thread, doesn't mean they know the answer. maybe they were looking for the answer too.

good luck.

Attached Thumbnails 91 blazer seems flooded on start-gm-aldl-picture-obd-.jpg   91 blazer seems flooded on start-gm-aldl-connector-diagram.gif  
Old 09-26-2009, 11:59 AM

thanks alot for the info. yeah i got a little inpatient and am sorry if i offended anyone. just a little stressed over this right now. thanks again