1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

93 s-10 need help stalling when put in gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Beginning Member
1blazer99 is on a distinguished road
Default 1blazer99

I have a 93 s-10 4.3 tbi,surges, rough idle,stalls when put in gear,had a shop adjust timing but it idle fine but sputter when give it gas when driving,gave complete tune up.oil,plugs wires,rotor,cap,computer,coolant temp switch,fuel pump,sending unit,pick up coil,ign module,fuel filter,gasket under tbi,changed iac,checked the cat not plugged,egr works, injectors spray a cone shape, added some seafoam,had on a scanner all checked out?no engine light comes on?what next? any idea's,one thing though when i replaced the pick up coil i could not get the shaft out of the distr case,but had one from another motor same motor just used that one could my timming be way off now? it starts,pops right off, but dies as soon as put in gear? need help lost.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Starting Member
blazer blaze13 is an unknown quantity at this point

check the MAF and the TPS when my throttle position sensor went out it stopped ideling smoothly and would sputter at low rpms while driving... Hello and welcome to the forum from Illinois!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Beginning Member
Default rough idle,stall when put in gear

thanks for the idea but i have checked those already but from parts that i bought from another motor,every thing was the same except the computer.But i need all the help i can get at this point.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Beginning Member

sorry for double posting just need some help soon

Old 09-27-2009, 10:57 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I moved this thread to the correct section, '1st Gen Tech', from the 'New Member' section which is only for introductions, not asking technical questions.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Beginning Member
Unhappy 93 s-10 need help stalling when put in gear

I had posted earlier in the wrong place I guess, and only got one response back Ive been reading alot on the same issues ive been having but still cant get it running or any real feed back as to more ideas as to look into some body help me its starting to cost too much in little parts here and there an still wont run right.still not sure how to work this site yet some help needed here thanks.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Threads Merged* - Rich had moved your previous thread into the appropriate section for you. No need to create another thread on the same subject. That is the very definition of Double Posting. Please read through the rules of the forum and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM a member of the staff.

Please have patience to allow others to reply. If you need help faster than that, you could always take the more costly approach and pay a mechanic. Otherwise, please wait for the free advice you are asking for.

How was the O2 sensor output when you had it on a scanner? How about the MAP sensor?

Old 11-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

From the sounds of your replies to other threads, you are still battling this issue with your '93 tbi. If that is the case, what have you done since the end of September in attempts to fix the problem?