1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

93 vacuum loss/rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:00 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Blue, Ill totally check out NAPA first then, i didnt think they would have stuf like that there.

Gimpy, Ill totally keep coming back even if my stuffs running top notch, I really enjoy reading forums and find I learn a ton here. One day Ill drop some coins on a good set of books, I have quite a library, im a reading nut... But Ill have to find them at an auction or something... Daughters are EXPENSIVE! Those factory manuals are definatley going on my christmas list now! If you would be so kind as to post a picture of what they look like one day to make it easier for me to find.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Check out e-bay. Sometimes they have them. Especially now with the GM cutback. You never know.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:46 PM

How the heck do you get wires out of the lower intake? It seems that both ends are bigger than the hole the grommet it in... I was at the wrecker collecting spare parts and couldnt get them out...?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

The book says to pull the upper manifold. CAREFULLY remove the wiring harness connector. Then remove the entire CMFI assembly.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:43 PM

I went over to NAPA just now to order a new harness, and the one hes getting me tomorrow has the injector plug and about 10 inches of wires, there is no black plug on the other end...? Is it going to be cool to cut these wires off and solder them onto the old plug that goes on the outside of the manifold? Or should I be biting the bullet and going to the dealer for the correct part with the plug on it? I ask cause I know you get a different resistance value on soldered connections.

NAPA has no listing in canada for this part for a 93 blazer, so he ordered the one for a 95 half ton with a 4.3cpi... $17

Also, just to brag, I got myself another spider setup with nut kit out of a truck at the wreckers today that is so new the black crud hasnt even built up on it!!! $30... Also go triplicates of all the sensors and EGR valves in case I have more problems down the road.

Last edited by ohsofly; 02-18-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, you have to pull the terminals out of the connector to get the wires out. If you don't have a set of terminal removal tools, you might want to pick up a set. They come in handy!

Old 02-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Beginning Member
00bluegtp is on a distinguished road

Well I just cut the wires outside the plenum, pulled the old out after I unplugged it from the injector. I then slid the wires through the gromet from the inside out and use crimp and seal connectors on it. Be sure to keep the polarity the same, I dont know if its neccasary but just to be safe.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:02 PM

Cool Ill cut them off and solder them. I just wanted to hear that someone else did it before I bugger them up! Right on. I sure hope this solves my problem.

Just to double check, that plug that goes on the injector should be nice and tight right? Mine wiggles to and fro a little and the rubber insert is rotten and coming apart, and when I tug on the wires when its running I cause it to run like poop or stall out, then pushing them back makes it pickup again.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Beginning Member
00bluegtp is on a distinguished road

yup sounds like my issue. Thats what i did but my soldering is like **** so i used crimp and seal connectors. I havent buttoned up the intake yet, ohh the dreaded rough idle i hope its gone.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:00 AM

Well I just got my harness at NAPA for 18 bucks, the one with the bare wires that i have to solder. It was the one for a 95 half ton truck you were right they didnt list one for the 93 blazer... The dealer had the whole deal with both ends on it for $183 plus a 3 day wait for it to get shipped... F-THAT!

Gonna guzzle down some coffee and get crackin on it.

Also got some VHT Nightshades paint for the signals and tail lights, and gonna paint my new straight bumper and hood flat black today too I think. Ill have to find my camera and post some pictures of my new toy once Im done and proud of it.

Quick Reply: 93 vacuum loss/rough idle