1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Diy digital dash repair - on the cheap

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:33 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Diy digital dash repair - on the cheap

So here is the concept. I have a digital dash thats on the fritz. I have tried the solder points and completley pulled the cluster apart looking for whats wrong. then i found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-...-/280270270639

its a peice kit for $30 shipped that will repair your cluster.
the guy selling these i have heard from for quite a while as he sells the complete motherboard and/or power supply swaps.

the difference is the kit will fix both issues, and its only 30 bux with nothing you have to ship back and all.

i will purchase and install with lots of pics to see if it really works and all.

im just posting in case someone knows what you get ahead of time or of any other quick fixes that might have slipped past my veiw. thanks in advance.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Right on I would l to see the pics. My dash works fine except I have no speedo and L/R signals... That square is dead on mine. It worked when I bought it, and it worked sometimes, but not at all latley. I havent taken apart the dash on this thing yet, and would really like to see the backside of the console.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:41 AM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

later today i will post some high res pics of all the components to the dash cluster and how they come apart. also i will let you in on some secrets that i didnt know when i took mine out that you can use. Also comming are the quick and easy cluster removal how to that i will be putting in here.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good. Once you get this somewhat complete, I'll move it into the Submissions/Discussion area and create a how-to from it.

If you are using Photobucket for your images, just follow the little tutorial I made for image posting and all will be well. Some people have trouble with this stuff. Especially when it comes to opening the full res image in a new window all by itself, not in the photobucket interface.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:35 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

talk about perfect timing on this find.

i was donig the water pump in my youngest brother's Jimmy (a '94) and noticed all the gauges are out (he said it's been like that for almost a month now), and since he's back in trade school he doesn't have the extra cach to repair it. they want $400 to repair/update the cluster @ a local (Toronto) shop, and getting one from the wrecker's (if you can find one) is a gamble @ best.

thanks for posting this up.