1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Doing my FPR

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 01:36 PM
swearingsailor6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doing my FPR

Hey everyone,
well, I narrowed down my problem to the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) so I am going to change it out today.,...I got the security torx bits, new manifold (upper) gasket, and I also bought new plugs cause Im going to seafoam again, and I don't like the NGK's that I bought. I will post pictures on photobucket when I am done....I have to wait until 1230 to pick up the FPR from Advanced Auto cause they weren't in stock, so I am going to do the plugs and seafoam while I wait...anyways, wish me luck!!
Ryan

Old 12-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Default RE: Doing my FPR

HELP!!! I was removing the old FPR, and the torx head screw broke in half....I've tried to drill it and use a stud remover but it isn't working...is there anything I can do short of replace the whole thing for 300 bucks???? Some please offer me words of advice....otherwise I will go and blow my money on a whole new unit.....thanks
Ryan

Old 12-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Default RE: Doing my FPR

ok, well I got it fixed....had to do a little modifying, but everything worked out. I will have pics up within a couple of hrs....that was quite a job!!! I had so much carbon buildup in my manifold, even after I seafoamed it twice, so I took carb and choke cleaner and filled the upper plenum up with it, and let it sit for a couple of hrs while I was working on the stupid screw that I broke off, and then I cleaned it out and and reinstalled it...It started and ran rough as hell, probably because of all the carb and choke cleaner in the intake, but after a minuit or two, it evened out and now it is running awsomely....I didn't get a chance to change the plugs out....so the NGK's are still in there, but I will do that on Sunday when I have the day off, and hope it isn't raining. So I replaced the Fuel Pressure regulator, cleaned out the plenum very well...there so a huge buildup of carbon around the EGR runners that I had to chunk it off with a screwdriver....I pulled the EGR Valve back off so that I wouldn't get any in it, and soaked the passage with carb cleaner so now everything is cleaned out....still haven't taken it for a test drive...have to clean up before I do that!! I will let you know how it goes. hopefully the fuel pressure regulator works and doesn't leak,...the passenger side of the plenum was gold and very clean, but the drivers side was dirty and oily like it should be.
Ryan