1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

front axle problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:55 AM
paul94blazer4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default front axle problem

i had my 94 blazer jacked up on frame and when i was lettin down the jack handel got caugh on bumper pushed the jack inward and it smashed the blazer onto jack on the axle well were the pipeing comes of differental to passanger side is also where the cable to lock in the front axle is and it busted it all to hell broke the metal where cable goes in can i replace just that side cause it all un bolts off differental and but where would i find one and how much dont care about what it takes to do it i do all my own work on it and am down for any thing i just at a lose with this problem or what ever that side is called or part is called but it bolts to differental and has pipe that the axle goes in as well as the cable to lock in front axle could really use some help

Old 02-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Starting Member
burning_soul07 is on a distinguished road

That is one long frusterated paragraph. Periods and question marks would've been nice.

I would go to a junk yard and tear one down there, replace any parts that are worn or bad from the donor and put it on your truck.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:34 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I think you should take pictures of it cause pictures make it easier for understanding when we cant understand what you write cause its a run on sentence and there is no question marks so we have to reread to get the question I wonder why you were jacking on that spot to begin with when you look at your frame rails between the wheels there is round holes on the front and back that are big enough you could put a silver dollar in the hole that is where the jack goes my friend and that is why there is that hole there so it cant slip and if you are going to be going underneath that truck which you will be doing now please put the stands in the right spot so that you can come back here alive and tell us how your repair worked out the junkyard is going to be your friend here and please jack your truck from the sides not front and back cause vehicles move front and back not side to side

*GAAAAAAAAAAASP!*

Old 02-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Starting Member
burning_soul07 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
I think you should take pictures of it cause pictures make it easier for understanding when we cant understand what you write cause its a run on sentence and there is no question marks so we have to reread to get the question I wonder why you were jacking on that spot to begin with when you look at your frame rails between the wheels there is round holes on the front and back that are big enough you could put a silver dollar in the hole that is where the jack goes my friend and that is why there is that hole there so it cant slip and if you are going to be going underneath that truck which you will be doing now please put the stands in the right spot so that you can come back here alive and tell us how your repair worked out the junkyard is going to be your friend here and please jack your truck from the sides not front and back cause vehicles move front and back not side to side

*GAAAAAAAAAAASP!*

All in one breath. LOL

Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Starting Member
JustJerry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by burning_soul07
All in one breath. LOL
Do wat?

Old 02-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paul94blazer4x4
i had my 94 blazer jacked up on frame and when i was lettin down the jack handel got caugh on bumper pushed the jack inward and it smashed the blazer onto jack on the axle well were the pipeing comes of differental to passanger side is also where the cable to lock in the front axle is and it busted it all to hell broke the metal where cable goes in can i replace just that side cause it all un bolts off differental and but where would i find one and how much dont care about what it takes to do it i do all my own work on it and am down for any thing i just at a lose with this problem or what ever that side is called or part is called but it bolts to differental and has pipe that the axle goes in as well as the cable to lock in front axle could really use some help
Maybe I can translate, so I might have a chance of understanding what this is about without getting bored.

*clears throat*

I had my 94 blazer jacked up on the frame. When I was lowering it, the jack handle got caught on the bumper. It pushed the jack inward, smashing the jack against the passenger side CV axle. Also, it destroyed the metal where the "4x4 actuator cable" (ed. note: WTF?) cable goes in. Can i replace just that side? It all unbolts off the front diff, but where would i find one? And how expensive? I dont care about what it takes to do it, i do all my own work on it and am soon to be frustrated. I'm just at a loss with this problem and could really use some help.

Now, now that I can understand it: Get new CV axles from Autozone. You won't regret it, and they're much less trouble and expense than pulling one off a salvage yard, wondering how many miles it has left on it. Make sure you get the correct side, though. As for your 4x4 actuator cable... again. wtf? you have a vacuum operated transfer case. there's no cable to lock the axles in. The only cables or cable-like things I can think of up there are fuel lines (unlikely), brake lines, or possibly something related to ABS (my '89 doesn't have fancy antilock brakes, so i don't know).

And in future, jack from the sides, not the front. Or find some nice sized bricks, or go buy yourself a $10 set of wheel chocks. There's any amount of technology that could have prevented this possibly costly repair.

Last edited by theonetruetom; 02-03-2011 at 11:27 PM.