1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

fuel injection

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:06 AM
mookie_fiasco is on a distinguished road
Default fuel injection

I was wondering can you do a fuel injection set up on the first gen blazers, if so how. what upgrades do they have for the cpi to make it more reliable. does the fuel pump really go out a lot. i was thinking about just getting a walbro fuel pump to solve that problem if it does happen. sometimes it takes just a few second to start up when the truck is cold does that have ta do with the cpi set up? if you can just give me insight...im new to chevy and want to make this a reliable truck. i hear there is a lot of problems that come with owning one ie egr valve, cpi setup, heater core, window motors, rear window defroster, etc. tell me more please

Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

About the only upgrade to the CPI fuel system is getting a regulator kit from LinderTech.com which adapts the later, more robust, FPR from the SCFI engine to the CPI spider.

As far as fuel pumps go, stay with a reputable brand (AC Delco or Delphi) and you'll be fine. The cheaper aftermarket pumps do not last.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:33 AM
mookie_fiasco is on a distinguished road
Default more questions

great info i appreciate it very very much...i think i will be getting that whole service kit...it also comes with the upgraded regulator =) im going to have this blazer running like a charm. i was also thinking about boosting it but im getting a new block and forged internals. what would be a good tranny to mate to it? i hear to can use the newer pontiac ws6 rear end too and it has disk brakes.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No problem. Let us know how you make out!