1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

fuel in oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:02 PM
strictly07 is on a distinguished road
Default fuel in oil

hihi new to the forums i have a 1994 four door blazer with the vortec motor auto tranny.the truck stopped runnin out of nowhere and now has fuel in the oil.any one have this problem or know a solution?it seems odd to me.all help appreciated.if i left something out pls let me know.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This problem is all over the forum. You have a fuel leak internal to the plenum. Pop off the upper intake and see where it's leaking from. Check out the CPI FPR thread in the Tech Article (DIY) section for pictures and further information.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Beginning Member
greasemonkey08 is on a distinguished road

i agree with the guy above you have a fuel leak which is running down the cylinder walls past piston rings and mixing with the oil your problem could be in the spyder injecters i have a problem with my spyder injecters leaking

Old 02-02-2010, 03:04 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Just went through this myself. You are going to find that its leaking fuel in the plenem somewhere... Its an easy fix though. You will need for tools, a flat screwdriver to take off the intake tube, a 10MM deep socket to remove the 10 upper plenem bolts and nuts, and a Torx security bit with the hole in the center if you want to remove the FPR or injector from the spider. You can also use a tiny flat driver to bust the small pins out of the center of the torx screws so a regular torx will fit, OR you can fit a small flathead in the screws and untwist them with that driver without breaking the pins out of the screws.

You are going to find out the dealer wants over 800 bucks for a new spider that comes with an FPR and injector... Or you can order a complete kit online for 300 bucks that comes with a nut kit, spider with FPR and injectors, and the gaskets you will want... Or you can order just the spider for about 180, check the recent threads in here poeple, posted all the links for me. I got mine from a U Pull It yard for 12 bucks and taught my 10 year old step daughter how to remove it, she took it, and a signal light housing out in about 20 minutes

Ill give you a quick how to check it since I owe this forum one for the help I got here.

Take the air ducting off, undo air cleaner cover and pipe clamp at the throttle body
Unhook all the plugs from the coil and about 5 various plugs on the upper plenem and move out of the way.
There is a hose to pop off below the throttle body
Pvc to manifold has a hose, remove this
pop the fat vaccum line out of your brake booster, the large round black thing behind the brake fluid
Take off upper plenem carefully, you can save that gasket if you dont break it. A new one is about 14 bucks.
An oil change when you are done

This area should be black with soot and grime, if you have any clean spots or puddles, thats gas cleaning the grime off and you have a leak in here to fix. Have someone turn the key on while you look for leaks on the spider, it will be a good spray, a leak where the nuts on the fuel lines enter the plenem to where they end at the spider (thats the nut kit)or coming up out of the holes where the spider legs go into, or anywhere on the FPR (the round gold mushroom sized thing on the side of the spider). The injector itself has the wireplug going to it. If you see none, use some brake cleaner or carb cleaner sprays and an old toothbrust to clean around where the legs go in the holes. You dont want crud falling down those. Now pull the legs out of the holes by sqeezing the legs on the spider tips and pull straight out, check Orings on tippets or down in the holes to see if they are broken. Mine all came out on the legs. Turn the key on and see if they spray for 2 seconds. Unhook the wires off the injector and turn on, see if it sprays still.

You should be able to find the leak with those steps and its not a very hard task to do with minimal knowledge. Then come back here and post your findings to us if you need a hand further, or if you get it fixes, Im curious now that I wrote all that.

If you get it running, its going to smoke like a bastard for a few minutes when you are done, thats OK, let it burn all the crap out of the clyinders. Mine smoked bad cause I took this opportunity while taken apart to clean the 6 intake runners out really well with carb cleaner sprays and my toothbrush and the poured a little oil down each to lube the upper cylinders in case the carb clean puddles made dry spots in the cyls. Just warm it up, then change the oil and filter and you are back on the road.

Last edited by ohsofly; 02-02-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:15 AM
strictly07 is on a distinguished road

all i can say is wow and ty

Old 02-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Beginning Member
spyderlock is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem. Replaced the nut kit (main fuel line and return line), fuel pressure regulator, and injector. Fixed the problem.