1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Help! S10 Blazer Weird Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Beginning Member
speedzonwheels is on a distinguished road
Exclamation S10 Blazer Starting Issues? (Picture Included now)

I have a 94 S10 Blazer and its always done this since I have bought it, It doesn't start on the first turn, but if you give it a quick crank, than turn ignition off and back on. Than it starts right up and drives great all day. Now over this past weekend on sat and today, it won't start at all. On saturday I just kept trying and it finally gave in and ran great all day and night, Now today it doesn't seem to matter what I do. It seems to starve for gas, as once it gets some gas I hear it want to start.

Anyone here of this? I heard it could be the fuel regulator. I have done a full tuneup except for the fuel filter. I did try to get the fuel filter changed yesterday and the valvoline shop couldn't get it off. I would have done it myself, except when I looked at it, the fittings looked pretty rusted. Also I checked the fuel pressure with a gauge and it was about 53-55PSI at the rail.

Thanks!
Conrad

I also checked the spark plug by yanking off a wire and putting a screw driver near it and cranked, it has spark also..........

After Replacing Fuel Regulator:

Alright, So i have been doing my homework and looking online everywhere for this issue. In short I thought I had a bad fuel regulator and pulled the spider plenum and looked in there. the passenger side looked washed out and drivers side was aged with filth. So I took a picture when replacing the regulator. Most of the gas sitting in there is from when i yanked and put the new fuel regulator on. Tell me what you think. I loose fuel pressure over a short course of time. I have in between 53-55 psi everytime i turn the key and while running its perfectly at 55. I heard it could be the fuel pump letting the fuel go back in the tank. It always had a problem starting. I turn the key over, no start, go back and do it again immediatly and it would start. Now it doesn't matter unless i drop a little gas thru the air intake, than it starts immediatly. Please help!! What you think? I really need to take care of this. It also runs great with all power and drives perfect once started.

Attached Thumbnails Help! S10 Blazer Weird Issue?-s10blazerengine.jpg  

Last edited by speedzonwheels; 08-12-2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Updated with new information
Old 08-12-2009, 08:21 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have combined your two separate threads on this subject so everybody can see all the information. Please try to keep related problems in the same thread.