1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

How to ajust idle on a 91 4.3

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Beginning Member
TenaciousFBC is on a distinguished road
Default How to ajust idle on a 91 4.3

how do i do it? ive been lookin for about an hour now. i could be blind or looking in the wrong place, please point me in the right direction or just tell me. thanks!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Simple answer, you do not. The ECU controls idle speed via the IAC valve (idle air control).

Old 11-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Beginning Member
tred2587 is an unknown quantity at this point

hes got it....

whats your truck doing exactly we need the symptoms to lead you in the right direction...

Old 11-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Here is a link that might help.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

While you can adjust the minimum air set point, you really need to know what you are doing first. Idle speed and minimum air are not the same thing. With the minimal information provided... We need to understand the problem before making this type of adjustment.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Beginning Member

it has been idleing really low for about a week, when i stop at lights it runs really rough and im park or nutral it runs a bit rougher. when i drive it lugs a bit.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Administrator

I would first check the EGR system.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Beginning Member

how would i do that? im very lost and winter is coming up and i will be needing my blazer

Old 11-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Remove the EGR valve and clean it. As a trouble shooting step, you could make up a block off plate. If you need more direction than that, you may not want to get this deep into repairing your vehicle.

As a reminder, there is a TON of information on this site. It is all just a search away. You do not have to wait for someone to reply.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Beginning Member

ive removed the egr and it looked fine if a bit dirty so i did give it a good cleaning. it helped my problem a bit but its still chugging/lugging while driving and it idles so low it almost dies when stopped.

Quick Reply: How to ajust idle on a 91 4.3