1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

May Have A Bent Rod...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006 | 05:46 AM
KFC_Or_Bust is an unknown quantity at this point
Default May Have A Bent Rod...

Well....You decide for yourself.

Looks like the Blazer took a pee....

Uh oh, that looks like the chunky stuff!!!

Little hard to see quite what's up in there....

Looks like there's a microscope on the ground there, wonder what it really is?

It's a connecting rod!!

Custom J-Beam rod by 4.3 Vortec Inc.

Nice hole that rod made as it shot through the oil pan.

The sum bitch was a pain in the *** to get out because the wrist pin was too wide to get out the hole at the angle it was at so I had to wrench on the rod to get the pan to bend out of the way a bit. It was pretty sweet, the motor started knocking earlier in the day and wouldn't stop, I knew what it was, the previous owner let the fuel pressure regulator leak fuel into the crankcase for way too long and it ate away at the main bearings and #2 (I think) started to really deteriorate and I aided it's death by holding the pedal to the metal until it let loose. Thing was tough though, I've been trying to kill it since August and it was well worth the $100.

Old 12-02-2006 | 10:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: May Have A Bent Rod...

Yikes man... Wow! That sucks... So what are your plans with it now?

Old 12-02-2006 | 11:54 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

$100.00? I would of Jewed them fro $70.00.

Old 12-02-2006 | 03:14 PM
KFC_Or_Bust is an unknown quantity at this point

lol I tried getting it for $75 but he said the junkyard was gonna give him $100 for it....Thing ran like a champ since August 11th, alls it needed was a fuel pressure regulator which I got with spider injectors for free. That was the reason the main bearing let loose though, he let the FPR leak for years and the fuel dried out all the bearings down in the crankcase.

Plans? Well I already played hero last night and swapped out the spiders/fpr in my buddies 94 CPI and he's all happy now so I'm just gonna part it out, a shop here is gonna buy my transmission for $150 and he's gonna come flatbed it to his shop. Not much I'll take off of it, the interior is pretty much shot, the back seat is in mint condition though because it was layed flat for 6 years so it's like brand new back there. There's still water saturation from when I flooded it on Thanksgiving but it'll be in the junkyard or at that guys shop by next week hopefully. All my money is gonna go into getting the lift put into my Jimmy now that the Blazer finally died a graceful death.

Old 12-02-2006 | 03:23 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Just a wild guess but I think that rod does look bent.
I bought a Chevy van for $150 and parted it out for $1600. All you need is time and space.