1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

need advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:29 AM
jessie's blazer is on a distinguished road
Default need advice

I'm new at this i have a 92 s-10 Blazer 4.3 and im trying to figure out why my temp gauge quick working and i also cant find the fuse box can u please help

Old 05-20-2010, 12:45 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Temp guage probably quit working cause it has a crappy little pigtail connector that holds the wire onto the sender unit. If you would like to check on this, then open the hood and look on the passenger side of the engine. You are looking for a thing that looks like a spark plug top above and between the front 2 cylinders, its mounted on the head. There is a little **** on the top of it that should have a wire hanging onto it, if there is no wire, then have a look around for the wire that fell off and make sure its not burned through from the exhaust, I think the wire is blue or green in color. If it is hooked up to it, wiggle it around and see if its a bad connection. If it still doesnt read the the temp sender is probably bad and they are about 40 bucks canadian available anywhere that sells parts.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...6&id=751935127
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...4&id=751935127

Your fuses are under the drivers side dash. Look up from where the pedals are and you should find them. My truck has a fise panel that will fall down to make looking at them easier if you pop the clip that holds it up out of the way.

Last edited by ohsofly; 05-20-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:53 PM

thank you that was very helpful, the wire is off but the two prongs that the wire plugs in to looks broke, so i will replace it will that cause the truck to buck and spit and sputter when warmed up? thank you for your help

thank you for your help will that cause the truck to buck and spit and sputter when truck warms up? thank you again

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-20-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:57 PM

Hmmm, I think you may have another problem, this sensor is just for the dash and nothing else. Are you getting an engine light on at all? i ask because when I was having an EGR malfunction I had the sputtering and stalling happening, but I was getting an engine code for it.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:59 PM

yes a check engine light

Old 05-20-2010, 01:33 PM

Then you need to find out what the code is that is setting off the light. You can do that with a paprclip or peice of wire.

Under your dash you will see the OBD1 plug. There is 2 rows of 6 pins inside this plug.

Take your paperclip and insert it into the top 2 right plugs B and A (it jumps them together now) then Turn your key to the ON position and dont start the engine, now watch for the engine light to blink the code for you. I think it will blink code 21 three times, then give you your trouble codes. It will do something like this:

blink blink pause blink pause - blink blink pause blink pause - blink blink pause blink pause - 21 three times and now your code starts coming - blink blink blink pause blink blink (would be code 32) then blink blink blink blink pause blink (would be code 41) and so on... Get those codes for us and post them back on here.

Last edited by ohsofly; 05-20-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:35 PM

ok i had to run to store real quick and i noticed the the check engine light is now off and check gauges light is on, now my oil pressure gauge isnt working it still is hard to start when warm and continues to buck when warm i am lost

Old 05-20-2010, 05:52 PM

Well you should try to get codes from it anyways, it may have stored them for you. Or just go drive the thing around and see what it has to say after the light comes back on. We need the codes to help you any further, and dont worry about being lost, we will help you fix this old gem!