1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Need help with a 92 S10 Blazer 4.3L

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Starting Member
brian.baker is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with a 92 S10 Blazer 4.3L

At first, I had spark coming from the coil, but not to the wires, it was running 1.5 lbs of fuel pressure from the tank and just wouldnt run. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, Ignition control module, throttle position sensor, rotor, cap, wires and plugs and air filter. After that, the truck ran strong for about two days then started with its BS again. I sprayed a bit of starting fluid down through the injection system and it fired off, then died. So then, i sprayed more and when it fired, i kept spraying and the truck stayed running so im thinking its not getting gas. While the key is in the "start" position, the injectors are spraying fine, but as soon as the key gets back to the on position, they stop spraying. My guess is the computer, ignition switch or need new injectors and have to rebuild the injection system.

Has anyone had the same experience with this or know anyone who has? Really getting my butt kicked by this truck.

Last edited by brian.baker; 03-23-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:20 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Which engine are we looking at here? Z or W?

You really ought to check the fuel pressure, guessing isnt going to help.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Starting Member

Im not sure what letter it is, just know its a non-vortec, the fuel pump is two days old and working properly, gauge i looked at read just over 14lbs. Auto parts ppl said is should be between 10-15 with the throttle body injection system. When i pulled the fuel line off of the injection system, it sprayed pretty good cause there was quite a bit of pressure in the line. To give ppl a heads up, im definitely not a mechanic, just not in a financial situation to take it to the shop, especially after dropping the 200 i already put into it

Old 03-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Beginning Member
DefBlazer is on a distinguished road

It sounds like your saying it's TBI which if i'm not mistaken is the "Z" engine thusly indicated by the Z in your VIN number at least mine is that way.

What your describing sounds like you need to be looking in the electrical system and find out what looses power when falling back to the "on" posistion if you have a friend and a voltimeter or multimeter or even a circuit tester have your friend start it while you test the wires on your injectors when he/she releases it to the on position does the injector circuit die.

Do the same at the fuel pump. Find a lead going to the fuel pump and make sure it's getting power in the on position as well as start. I'm not very knowledged on the whole fuel system for these, Yet.
So hopefully someone else here can help point out more to check with and what your findings will indicate. but this would help narrow your problem down a bit.
Tell us what yuo find I'll keep an Eye out for answers while i'm trolling for a clue as to whats goin on with mine.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Starting Member

sounds good, thank you