1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Need help ASAP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Need help ASAP!!!!

Here is the situation I did a Seafoam treatment on my blazer about a month ago due to it running badly and it worked perfect but the past 2 days it has been running like complete junk like worst then it was before and I would Seafoam it again but it says to only do it once every 10,000 miles are there any other suggestions to help me get my rig running better it is not getting a lot of power and it makes these popping noises and stalls out this all mainly happens when I am going up hills or going slow please help this is my daily driver

Old 12-27-2011, 05:22 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I start diagnosing the fuel system
96+ Fuel System Diagnosis - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

did it rain recently by you ? any ses light ?

Old 12-27-2011, 05:22 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

did you seafoam the intake oil and gas...or just one of the three??
when was last time you did tune up or fuel filter....we need some history please.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:23 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

opps you have a tbi the fuel system diagnoses is the same

the pressure should be 15 to 16 psi when you turn the key on

Old 12-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
did you seafoam the intake oil and gas...or just one of the three??
when was last time you did tune up or fuel filter....we need some history please.

I seafoamed the gas and also put it in the brake booster line only thing I didn't do was the carb the fuel filter was replaced around the same time I did the seafoam treatment it also had an oil change within the last 300 miles hope that helps

Old 12-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
the pressure should be 15 to 16 psi when you turn the key on
TBI fuel pressure spec is 9-13psi for his application, not 15-16psi. Following your numbers could lead to unnecessary replacement... Best to check your facts before posting. Also, a TBI fuel pressure test port 'T' adapter is necessary to test system pressure on a TBI engine; installation of which requires the main fuel line be disconnected from the back of the throttle body & the adapter installed in-line. A test port was not provided on a stock TBI fuel system.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
I start diagnosing the fuel system
96+ Fuel System Diagnosis - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

did it rain recently by you ? any ses light ?

that diagnosis seems to be a lot of work and it probably requires equipment that I don't have and yes it has been raining for the past 2 days here but I don't see how that will effect anything it has been rained on before with no issue and what is an ses light ?

I googled ses light and to answer your question no there has not been any lights or anything out of the ordinary

Last edited by 89Recon; 12-27-2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: did some research
Old 12-27-2011, 05:55 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by swartlkk
TBI fuel pressure spec is 9-13psi for his application, not 15-16psi. Following your numbers could lead to unnecessary replacement... Best to check your facts before posting. Also, a TBI fuel pressure test port 'T' adapter is necessary to test system pressure on a TBI engine; installation of which requires the main fuel line be disconnected from the back of the throttle body & the adapter installed in-line. A test port was not provided on a stock TBI fuel system.
My mistake your correct

Originally Posted by 89Recon
that diagnosis seems to be a lot of work and it probably requires equipment that I don't have and yes it has been raining for the past 2 days here but I don't see how that will effect anything it has been rained on before with no issue and what is an ses light ?
its possible moister got into the dist cap causing the truck to misfire

and the ses light is the service engine soon

Old 12-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 89Recon
Problems when it's wet/humid out could indicate an ignition system problem. Once it's dark out, park in an area where there is next to no light outside. Using a spray bottle, mist down the wires & distributor area with the engine running. If you see a light show, spark is leaking from one or more of those components (wires/cap). Aftermarket caps & rotors have been known to have problems in damp conditions when used in these vehicles. If the cap/rotor were recently replaced with an aftermarket replacement, that is where I would start.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Problems when it's wet/humid out could indicate an ignition system problem. Once it's dark out, park in an area where there is next to no light outside. Using a spray bottle, mist down the wires & distributor area with the engine running. If you see a light show, spark is leaking from one or more of those components (wires/cap). Aftermarket caps & rotors have been known to have problems in damp conditions when used in these vehicles. If the cap/rotor were recently replaced with an aftermarket replacement, that is where I would start.
only thing I have replaced has been 2 of the spark plug wires because they were frayed and brittle and that is when I changed out all my plugs I haven't messed with the cap or anything else only thing I can think of which is kind of weird is that 2 of my plugs have popped out on me one did it after I started driving just popped all the way out and I had to stop and put it back in and tighten it down again 2nd time it was the one directly behind it which was more of a pain in the *** but I had to put that one back in too luckily no other plugs have popped out but could that be a possibility my plugs not being tightened enough ? I am going to do the spray bottle thing here in a few minutes it is dark already so I will try that.

Quick Reply: Need help ASAP!!!!