1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

need help with my digital cluster

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Beginning Member
Redeye2000 is on a distinguished road

The way I see it, if anyone on the forum was childish enough to crank call another forum member, they wouldn't be on the forum in the first place...they would be on Myspace. LOL!

Old 08-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redeye2000
The way I see it, if anyone on the forum was childish enough to crank call another forum member, they wouldn't be on the forum in the first place...they would be on Myspace. LOL!
You do realize that anyone or anything on the internet can read that number... Not just other forum members...

Old 08-18-2010, 11:51 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You do realize that anyone or anything on the internet can read that number... Not just other forum members...

that was my point exactly!

Old 08-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Beginning Member

Ok....didn't think of it that way...
Thanks for the tip!

Oh, by the way....my motor is the CPI engine, and not the throttle body. I'd almost forgot to post that.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Redeye2000
Ok....didn't think of it that way...
Thanks for the tip!

Oh, by the way....my motor is the CPI engine, and not the throttle body. I'd almost forgot to post that.
glad to see you corrected you old post.

can't be too careful ya know.

now....i'm just asking........but why did you need to verify your engine code with him? a digital cluster works in either Z or W code trucks.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks Old Skool. About the codes, if I was informed correctly, there were 2 different digital dashes: one for the throttle body (Z) and one for the CPI (W) engines....and you need to have the right one since they are not interchangeable.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:21 PM
BF Guru

that's new to me.

i converted a carb truck i had, to a Z code w/digital dash, 'cause it was different (not many around me back then), but i had problems with the cluster not working after awhile (cracked board), and it was cheaper to just get one from the wreckers by then.

i actually changed the cluster 2 more times (another cracked one, one burned out the speed display). guess the truck just rode to rough for those delicate clusters, with the stiff lift that was in it. i know the last one came out of a W code 94 Jimmy.

so i guess i really should've said, "i had problems with the clusters not working" then.