1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

needs some work.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 03:41 PM
shockman54 is on a distinguished road
Default needs some work.

hey guys, new to the site and to blazers and trucks in general, more of an old motorcycle guy.
i am just going to post a list of everything i've noticed about the 1994 blazer tahoe s10 that is wrong and what has been done so far and hopefully you fine gentleman will have some answers for me.
hesitating while cruising. blazer surges and then sputters at all speeds while cruising. its better at freeway speeds, but still noticeable. back roads at about 40-45 its worst. it also has stalled once at an unexpected stop sign. i didnt have to jam on the brakes or anything, but did stop pretty quick. if im in neutral and rev up, it almost dies but picks back up pretty quick. it seems to be a bit better after i fill it up, but that could be its just warmed up more, idk. to fix the problem so far all i've had time to do is seafoam and cleaning the maf and air filter, no change. any suggestions? things the PO said were done is the fuel pump, filter. any ideas?

other issues are no heat or weak heat (im assuming a heater core) any suggestions on that?

temp gauge isnt reading, im planning on replacing the temp sensor and sender, thermostat while im in there and flushing the system. any words of wisdom there would be appreciated, but i found a couple threads already.

slight whining that i think increases with rpms. no idea and its not very loud. just replaced the serpentine belt and im not sure if it did it before that or not.

i think the ball joints are going to go, never replaced em before, how hard is it?

other than that, i think i have the other issues under control, any answers would be greatly appreciated guys.

(btw, i searched threads before posting this, i just like to put all problems down with the vehicle in case someone smarter than me puts 2 and 2 together. saved me a lot of work on motorcycle forums before )