1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Rubber fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:24 AM
exalteduser is on a distinguished road
Default Rubber fuel lines

94 s10 blazer 4.3
Im looking for the rubber lines between sending unit and the steel lines.
When i changed my tank and pump awhile back i had the WORST time getting these hooked back up, like they were too short. trying to hold tank up in air and reach the unreachable lol.

fast forward to now and one of them has a good leak. they are old cracked and rusty on the ends. Cant seem to find these at store except in a full front to back fuel line kit.
this isnt mine but what i need
these:

any ideas? I can barely drive this thing the smell is so bad.

Attached Thumbnails Rubber fuel lines-7373923578_0e5a03abfd_c.jpg  
Old 06-09-2013, 11:23 AM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

you can buy lengths of fuel injection hose at places like Napa and Carquest
You can usually buy rubber F.I hose up to 10ft long BTW
I would cut off the factory clamps(not sure if you will find a hose end with a nut) and use the screw type fuel injection clamps

You could also relocate the transition to metal in a more accessable area

Old 06-09-2013, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I got my fuel injection hose from Orielly, it was cheap, and just used some worm gear clamps, because the ones that use rubber line is the return line to the tank (no pressure in that) and the vent for the tank, also no pressure)
Have not had a problem.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:08 PM

all 3 are rubber. the vent line uses clamp. the pressure and return have metal ends that the sending unit threads into, this is where my leak is.
so i cant exactly just splice in rubber, not to mention these blazers run like 55-60 psi. see my attached picture above

Old 06-09-2013, 03:25 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

which one is leaking? both of them with the metal ends?
here is mine, the line that is at the very top is the only one that needs to be bolted to the sending unit, as that is the one that is high pressure, so if that one is still good, just use worm gear clamps for the others..
if that is the bad one, I am not sure what to do, hopefully someone will chime in

Attached Thumbnails Rubber fuel lines-dsc_3346.jpg  
Old 06-09-2013, 05:14 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

where the lines connect by line nuts make sure the o-rings are still intact on the sending unit

Old 06-10-2013, 03:11 PM

That was the problem, i went through 3 orings trying to get the damn things on cause i had to literally stretch them to reach with the tank as high as i could get it.. my return line has the metal end but i suppose i could cut the flare off that tube and clamp it on. i think it is the one leaking, middle one if i recall.

Im about to cut a hole in the floor of the trunk cause i am tired of dropping the tank, done it 4 times!

Old 09-26-2013, 03:33 PM

So I never got around to this until now, it is my pressure line, the rubber is split. you think i can just thread on a steel line to the sending unit and use a compression fitting or something to attach steel to steel?

PS i cut a hole in the floor so i have access from above

Old 09-27-2013, 01:21 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

im all for cutting the hole in the bed just for situtaions like yours you never know if you have to keep messing with stuff. im not quite sure how much pressure your truck puts out. i ran my own lines on my 1990 with a throttle body inection system as it doesnt really put out a lot of pressure. if you have a higher pressure system like 50-60psi they actually sell a gas line repair kit at parts stores that use a compression fitting

Old 09-27-2013, 04:38 PM
BF Veteran

cut a hole in the floor, I did and will never look back.
So looking at the photo I posted, the line that is at the "top" in the picture is the one that is leaking? Then yup, that is the pressure line. if you have the CPI vortec, then the line is under about 60psi, so just a rubber hose wont work, you will need to get a fuel line repair kit.

Quick Reply: Rubber fuel lines