1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Seriously What Now

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: MISSING??

How fast does it drop to 40? and is this with key on after the fuel pump shuts off? I could be wrong on the exact number but if I remember right these require at least 52 psi. Something isnt right for it to drop like that and then go back up may be worth removing that round plastic piece in the middle of your upper plenum and looking inside for clean areas.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:14 PM
NC93BLAZERLT is an unknown quantity at this point

^You know your blazer looks like mine! I have Thule bars on top of mine though, and a full size spare on the swing gate in the back. Can't see if your has one. Here's a pic of mine while at the P.Y. getting another rear end for it:

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y37...t=100_6951.jpg

Old 01-26-2009, 12:42 PM
livlifes2short is an unknown quantity at this point

ok so i did not have the time to clean the egr that will have to wait until tomo or hopefully tonight. I did how ever give in with the seafoam some in the gas some through the booster hose. Although it did not fix my issue it seems to be better i can slowly throttle all the way up in part with out hesitation how ever when I let of the gas and the truck idles down the rpms seems to go a little low like its going to shut off but then it fixes itself. but other times it bogs its hit and miss. with the treatment there was tons of smoke but it was all white? So does this still lead to an egr issue? also when you say right side or left side to check if its clean can you better descride the location of where i am looking or a pic thankis for all the help thus far

Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 PM

the key is on and stays on it goes right to 60 then to 40 and gradually up to 60 where is stays.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

white smoke after dumping seafoam in is normal just let it run til the smoke clears and one more thing make sure you change the oil soonish (usual recommendation is within 500 miles)

NC93BLAZERLT: yea they do look pretty close to the same (for now) lol mine is in the process of body work followed by lift (3" body and 2" susp.) and 31's then finally a very uncommon paint job (never seen another 1st gen like the look im going for) I do not have the rear tire mount mine is inside still factory mounted with the carpeted cover that matches the interior but with the lift and new tire size i'll be adding a roof rack with spare mounted up there (leaning toward surco safari rack atm but no final decision til i get that far) if you click the cardomain link in my sig you can see pics of before and what ive done so far (if your interested). I was just offered a freshly rebuilt engine ('92 LT1) for $500 I helped rebuild it so I know whats in it and what isnt and it's still on the stand im considering buying it and doing a ton more work (looking over the JTR book now before I decide if its something I have the time and resources for atm or not)

sorry for the slight derail livlifes2short, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Beginning Member
blazen4wd is an unknown quantity at this point

ok by wat you are saying it sounds like you are putting more fuel in then needed

Old 01-26-2009, 03:33 PM

yeah that what I thought to much fuel but if there is not a leak what would it be? FPR will do the egr but have a feeling thats not it some one said something to me about a cam sensor?? would this possibly cause my issue?? I will also do another fuel pressure test. But it does not drop except for slightly and then goes right back up never really looses pressure....... Thanks In Advance

Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Beginning Member

if the am sensor was then the truck wanted start if i remember right the chevy blazers should have around 45 psi of fuel pressure an were the spark plugs that you pulled out smell like gas an were the fouled out like black at the spark

Old 01-26-2009, 03:40 PM

no they were old but looked dry with just regular wear

Old 01-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Beginning Member

if the truck was dumping to much furl you could smeel it on the spark plug

Quick Reply: Seriously What Now