2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

01 Blazer dies while driving - New fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:03 AM
sindy1232 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 01 Blazer dies while driving - New fuel pump

The fuel pump went out on our truck so we had it replaced and now there is a loud humming sound from the pump. Also, when the truck is being driven, does not happen in the mornings, all of a sudden the battery light comes on and the truck has stalled. You can put it in "N" and it starts right up again. We never know when this is going to happen and sometimes can happen 5 times in a 10 mile drive.

Check engine light was coming on and the test said the H20 level was too high for the fuel but now the light only comes on once in a while. Chevy dealer said they can not tell what the problem is unless they can recreate it and the truck will not die when they drive it!!

Anyone have any suggestions? Could the fuel pump be bad because we have never heard the strange whining sound that is always on when the engine is running?

New battery cables installed
New battery installed
Alt tested good
New fuel pump installed

Thanks,
Sindy

Old 08-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 01 Blazer dies while driving - New fuel pump

Does the truck start right back up after it stalls?

And what was the specific code that you got it scanned?

Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Beginning Member
bjsx8f is an unknown quantity at this point

have you ever replaced your M.A.P sensor? I would pull that out and take a look at the tip of it to see if its clogged. I had a similar problem where driving it would just stall while driving almost seem like it was loading up and bogging out. I experienced it when i was in texas (im from missouri) which makes sense now being in an area with different amounts of atmospheric elements. I never had a problem with it when I got back to missouri, a year later just for ****s and grins pulled the sensor out and it was all clogged up and had a bad seal in the manifold

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

in response to your question about the fuel pump noise. I replaced my fuel pump with one and it made a super loud unusual noise which really didnt sound like the normal noise. I went ahead and ignored it, come 20,000 miles down the road my fuel pump went out. I would almost suggest you pull it back out and bring it back for a replacement. Not saying this will happen and the pump may be perfectly fine but I was in the same situation that you are in.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please edit your post if another member has yet to reply. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Beginning Member
bjsx8f is an unknown quantity at this point

in response to your question about the fuel pump noise. I replaced my fuel pump with one and it made a super loud unusual noise which really didnt sound like the normal noise. I went ahead and ignored it, come 20,000 miles down the road my fuel pump went out. I would almost suggest you pull it back out and bring it back for a replacement. Not saying this will happen and the pump may be perfectly fine but I was in the same situation that you are in.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: bjsx8f

This is often the case with aftermarket fuel pumps. AC Delco is the way to go as far as replacement fuel pumps for these trucks go.