2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 blazer vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member
thundergod66 is on a distinguished road

does that have to do anything with the hvac system?? thanx everybody for ya help..and grizzstang thanx for ya help too,i will look for it tomarrow...

Last edited by thundergod66; 05-29-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:31 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

If the line heads towards or has anything to do with the vacuum accumulator in the fenderwell it WILL affect the HVAC. Any vacuum loss will probably affect that - meaning you switch from floor to mix or vent & it stays with both. Switching to defrost or defrost & floor heat will activate the A/C pump so it dries the air for the defrost & lessoning condensation on the inside of the windshield.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Beginning Member

Ahhhhh cause of now everytime i turn my ac or heater it only blows from the vents..Turning the selector for the vents or defrorst doesnt work,,When i got this blazer 2 yrs ago it only had 74000 miles on it and the selector didnt work..Only blows thro the vents and i find it hard to believe that the blend door actuator went out so quick..but i could be wrong..Thtas why i was asking bout that vacuum line..Thanx Rottidog for the info

ok so i spent almost an hour trying to find where the hose goes to but i cant find anything,,no nipple..nada..I got tired looking...I looked right by the intake driver side,,by the radiator hose on top even moved it to the side but nothing..even felt around by the dist on the back..nothing..Does anybody have or can take pic exactly where the hose goes hooked up to..idnt know this could be that much pain in da butt..even looked on the passenenger side..nada

Originally Posted by grizzstang
It plugs into your intake manifold. There should be a nipple somewhere under your air cleaner intake tube on the drivers side of the intake close to the middle. It shoud be pretty easy to spot.
Didnt see anything around,spent like an hour trying to find it..You got pics or can ya take some where it hooks up to..Maybe im looking at the wrong place

Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

It goes to the black plastic vacuum source connector on top of the PCV valve. That's where the HVAC system gets its vacuum, and why the HVAC doors don't work. It's in the driver side rocker arm cover. Take the black plastic air intake tube off of the throttle body, (one black plastic wing nut). You'll see it. It's directly under the air intake tube. If you need a picture, let me know, I'll take a picture and post it.

Last edited by Captain Hook; 05-30-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
It goes to the black plastic vacuum source connector on top of the PCV valve. That's where the HVAC system gets its vacuum, and why the HVAC doors don't work. It's in the driver side rocker arm cover. Take the black plastic air intake tube off of the throttle body, (one black plastic wing nut). You'll see it. It's directly under the air intake tube. If you need a picture, let me know, I'll take a picture and post it.

yess please take a pic it be appereacted...i took the air intake tube off earlyer and didnt see anything..and as for the pcv valve..i really didnt see anything where it hook up too,unless im just not seeing it..ohhhh btw the only pcv valve i see or more like actually there elbows..one elbow form passenger valve cover with long tube and it goes to the other elbow to the air intake tubethat plastic cover that sits on the throttle body....and the other elbow from drivers side valve cover to i cant remember where that one goes too at the moment,but there are all elbows..

Last edited by thundergod66; 05-30-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Locate the driver side (bank 1) valve cover. On the top and near the back will be the PCV valve. Follow the PCV line to where it meets the intake manifold. The nipple where that vacuum line connects will be on the same plastic fitting that the PCV line connects.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Locate the driver side (bank 1) valve cover. On the top and near the back will be the PCV valve. Follow the PCV line to where it meets the intake manifold. The nipple where that vacuum line connects will be on the same plastic fitting that the PCV line connects.
Its only a elbow.. I found the elbow on the drivers side valve cover..its not actually a pcv valve,just elbow..i only had this blazer for 2 yrs and it was like that, unless they changed out the pcv valve and put an elbow...i dont know..pissen me off..lol

Last edited by thundergod66; 05-30-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The PCV valve should be the part that is stuck down into the rubber grommet in the valve cover. Here is a view of the actual part in question as visible from the front of the truck with the intake duct work removed from the throttle body & intake filter box:

1-PCV valve itself
2-PCV line
3-Intake Port Adapter/Fitting
4-Vacuum line to check valve then to the vacuum reservoir, HVAC, & 4wd.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
The PCV valve should be the part that is stuck down into the rubber grommet in the valve cover. Here is a view of the actual part in question as visible from the front of the truck with the intake duct work removed from the throttle body & intake filter box:

1-PCV valve itself
2-PCV line
3-Intake Port Adapter/Fitting
4-Vacuum line to check valve then to the vacuum reservoir, HVAC, & 4wd.

Mine is just an elbow..it doesnt look at all like #3..But the Intake port adapter/fitting is built in the adapter..right..I was looking at the right place..I guess maybe somebody took off or broke the adapter,,

Old 05-30-2012, 06:03 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

How about you take a pic & post it for us to see what's what? A pic or 2 like Kyle (swartlkk) posted with the intake etc removed.
That should help.

Quick Reply: 2000 blazer vacuum line