2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

98 jimmy need help wit new computer pcm

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Beginning Member
cartunez2004 is on a distinguished road
Default 98 jimmy need help wit new computer pcm

ok so i was havin problems with my trans in my jimmy, i did the 3-2 shift sensor it didnt fix it, so i was that that my pcm was bad so i found one down the junk yard same serial number , i was told that i might have to do the key set-up on it which is leave the igntion on for 13 min than turn it off for 30 sec do that three times than keep key off for 30 min than start it, i did that and the truck starts than dies right away, any suggestions, do i have to get this new pcm flashed>??????? thanks in advance

Old 10-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did the security light illuminate for 10 minutes after you turned the key to the ON position each time?

PASSLOCK - Reprogramming Auto Learn

IMPORTANT:

* The Body Control Module (BCM) must be programmed with the proper RPO configurations before performing learn procedures. See BCM Programming/RPO Configuration.
* If replacing the BCM with a GM Service Parts Operations (SPO) replacement part, the module will learn PASSLOCK sensor data code immediately. The existing VCM/PCM however, must learn the new fuel continue password when the BCM is replaced.
* If replacing a VCM/PCM with a GM Service Parts Operations (SPO) replacement part, after programming, these modules will learn the incoming fuel continue password immediately upon receipt of a password message. Once a password message is received, and a password is learned, a learn procedure must be performed to change this password again. A VCM/PCM which has been previously installed in another vehicle will have learned the other vehicle's fuel continue password and will require a learn procedure after programming to learn the current vehicle's password.

CONDITIONS
Use this procedure after replacing:

* Passlock Sensor
* BCM
* VCM
* PCM

30 MINUTE RE-LEARN PROCEDURE

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the PASSLOCK Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the PASSLOCK Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the PASSLOCK Sensor Data Code and/or password).
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if desired (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).
If the self learn does not work, then you may need to have the PCM flashed with your VIN.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Beginning Member

the light only came on the first time than it went away

Old 10-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Beginning Member

thanks bro i followed those steps exactly and it worked dont no what i was doin but that worked thanks u saved me from alot of stress hahahahaha