Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

any computer smart people? gopro + old computer question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:37 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough
Default any computer smart people? gopro + old computer question

i got a gopro hero 2 for christmas and i i bought a video editing program and i guess i dont have a new enough graphics card to run either. the editing program is calling for a 128mb memory, i have 64mb of memory. how do i get the 128? do i have to buy it or can i download it. i been googling around for like a hour and cant figure out squat.

heres what i got

windwos xp 2002

Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562&SUBSYS_57781462&REV_03
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)

and the error im getting

the VRAM support for this graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for movieEZ HD which is 128 mb, therefore the installer will abort the set up

AND! i dont think this computer can play any hd, even someone else posted a gopro vid on here and i tried to watch it on 720 and my computer was not liking it

Old 01-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

From the sounds of it, you have an integrated video card (hard mounted to the motherboard & uses share RAM from the main system RAM). A 128mb video card, even an old AGP or PCI card wouldn't cost that much ($40-$60). You have to determine what your PC requires (AGP, PCI, PCIe x1, PCIe x16, etc). However, the question should be is it wise to upgrade just the graphics card in your PC or would it be more cost effective to upgrade the entire computer to something newer.

About 4 months ago I bought two Lenovo E520 laptops for my parents for just under $1000 total delivered that will do everything they need from them for probably the next 10 years. They're more expensive now, I bought them when they were on sale - Specs in the link above.

Decent laptops can be purchased for around $400 that would easily be heads & tails better than most older PCs from the Windows XP era. For direct comparisons, we'd need to know the full specs of your PC.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:42 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

you have a video card ? or one integrated in the mother board ?

Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
you have a video card ? or one integrated in the mother board ?
i have no idea if its a card or in the motherboard as swartlkk said. i really never messed with the internals of a computer, bought this thing new back in 02 and its never been apart. id hate to buy a new computer cause my gf has a new computer and we are working on moving in together. i already tried the camera at her house, windows 7 and the movie maker works just fine.

i was just hoping that the graphic thing was just something i could just download off the internet but its starting to sound like its a physical part that must be placed in the computer.

if its only like 20 bucks or something ill get it, but would they even make anything for this old of a computer?

Old 01-02-2012, 11:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

depends on specifications of the software

possibly your computer cant handle the editing software

Most editing software would run best with maximum performance like your gfs pc has or like the specifics kyle posted above

I bet your old pc has a pent 4 processor or something older

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 01-02-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:54 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

You have an 'integrated' video controller. Guarantee though you dont do any gaming with it, right?
There's nothing wrong with that. Except if they arent new, they never are satisfactory at video apps.

I dont do gaming or high res video either. Do you know anyone who does .. AND likes to build PC's?

My son does it for friends - No, I'm not going to refer you- and it's relatively cheap to build a super-fast media PC from parts at Newegg.

And btw... you know it isnt a good idea to share pc's dont you? There's at least ten different ways that can cause friction. Better to share a bank account, IMO.

Last edited by pettyfog; 01-05-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by pettyfog
You have an 'integrated' video controller. Guarantee though you dont do any gaming with it, right?
There's nothing wrong with that. Except if they arent new, they never are satisfactory at video apps.

I dont do gaming or high res video either. Do you know anyone who does .. AND likes to build PC's?

My son does it for friends - No, I'm not going to refer you- and it's relatively cheap to build a super-fast media PC from parts at Newegg.

And btw... you know it isnt a good idea to share pc's dont you? There's at least ten different ways that can cause friction. Better to share a bank account, IMO.
nah no video games. i got a xbox for that my brother is actually a computer tech and told me basically what i need to do. he lives like 1400miles away so hes not gonna fix it.

and yeah the sharing pc thing i know is usually a bad idea, she plays those stupid farmville type games on facebook and logs in under my name to send her self crap in the games. i was over there one time and some girl i havent talked to decided to message me out of the blue

Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I live in Tinley Park, not too far from Munster. I also happen to have some old video cards laying around. You're more than welcome to have one of them, no charge. God knows I can't use them, even though I do PC repair on the side.