2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

body lifting questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 01:01 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default body lifting questions

this question goes to those of you that have a 2nd gen blazer 4x4. I am about to order a bunch of stuff for my blazer and I see that the body lifts are arolund 200 bucks. The list says that it comes with front bumper brackets and body spacers and of course the bolts. Is that really all it comes with? What is so special about the front bumper bracket that the kit comes with? The spacers can be bought for around 5 bucks a piece and I can build the bracket for the front I would think since I am a fabricator. To me it would make since to just buy the spacers,what is there like 6 or 8 of them, so that would at most be 40 bucks and then just buy the bolts which would be even less than that. Can someone spread some light on the subject please.... maybe some pics of what really comes with a kit. Also why do they not make 3inch bl for 2nd gen yet some people have one one theres???? If a 3 inch kit fits on some peoples then why dont they make a 3inch kit? I know alot of questions but if I am going to order my stuff then i want to get it all ordered at the same time so thanks for the input...

Old 09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Go to the BDS website and download the instructions. That will let you know everything that comes in the kit. If you can do your own fabbing for the bumper brackets I'd say go for it.

The only other things, off the top of my head, that come in the kit are the fuel line extensions and an extension for the ground strap on the firewall.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:27 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i have put on a pa lift kit and would agree, if you have fab skills and can get the blocks and hardware go for it. the instructions are very detailed and should tell you all you need to know.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:19 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

cool thanks for the advice guys. Any idea on my other question about why there is no 3" kits sold yet people find a way to get one to fit?

Old 09-03-2010, 08:04 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

from what i remember they are not made for the second gens, first gens only.
i think if you do a search, i remember seeing someone did one. only thing i think is that you need to start doing mods to the break lines and things like that.
i know that the 2" lift required no real modding of things like that, just removing a couple of clips here and there.

*********download that pdf...it will save you headaches!!!*************