2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Factory Towing Package - Baja

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 AM
billder99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Factory Towing Package - Baja

Hi Guys,

New to the Forum. Learned a bunch here in the last few hours, thanks for all the great info.3 easy questions, can't find the answers:
[ol][*]My understanding is that the Factory Tow Package includes an auxilliary tranny cooler. I am buying a Blazer through the internet... how can I have the seller verify that there is a Factory package, and not just an added hitch? (is there a code someplace like glovebox or door jamb?)[*]Are there any other items included in a Factory Tow package... ie. Oversize radiator, oversize water pump, etc..?[*]I live down in Baja, will be using Blazer for light offroad (lots of washboard), occasional rock crawl,and towing a 3,500# boat (NOT while rock crawling). How important is it to have ZR2 or other upgraded suspension?[/ol]
Gracias Amigos.
Bill

Old 04-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Factory Towing Package - Baja

They did not come with an aux transmission cooler, but one can be added very easily.

To tell if it has the factory tow package, have the seller snap a clear picture of the RPO code list on the inside of the glove box door. There are quite a few different RPO codes for the trailering options...

UY7 Wiring Harness: Heavy Duty, Trailer
UB1 Wiring Harness: Light Duty, Trailer
VR4 Trailer Hitch: Weight Distributing Platform
Z82 Trailering Provisions, Special Equipment, Heavy Duty

Typically the hitch is tucked up under the truck pretty good. I looked to see if I had a good picture of this on my truck, but I do not. If it isn't SNOWING too hard during lunch I'll snap a pic of the factory tow hitch fitment.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:42 PM

You are awsome, thanks for the "Blazingly" fast response. What the heck is swrtlkk? Don't get frosbite out taking that photo... I will be watching for it. How the hell do you come up with all of this info so fast?

Old 04-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, sorry... Forgot about the pic during lunch... Ended up having an early lunch because the lights just went out at work at 11:30 this morning. So I didn't spend a whole lot of time inside while I was at home... I was too busy shovelling my driveway.

I didn't drive my Bravada today because I had to get the instrument cluster replaced in my Bonneville this morning and I didn't feel like moving all of my fire gear over to the Bravada during lunch.

Please see the attached image found on eBayMotors.com. It shows what the factory installed tow hitch looks like. If you can see the whole hitch cross bar to the side plates that mount it to the frame, it's an aftermarket hitch. I'll get a more detailed pic for you tonight if you'd like.

And on the information... Well, I just have access to quite a few different sources for GM information and know where to look. I don't claim to remember all of this stuff, just know how to find it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/667/62978BCF649A408C87F5916C311E9B7B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-16-2007, 05:22 PM

Got it, thanks. I just walked out and compared to an aftermarket... the difference is immediately obvious.