2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fuel leak on top of engine.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 09:24 AM
rmv42158 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel leak on top of engine.

Hi everyone. I replaced my fuel pressure regulator due to the truck having a hard start when it was warm. It def fixed the problem. However nowI have another problem that i think i caused myself. When i was disassembling the upper intake i pulled the two metal fuel lines out of the the housing which is where it is leaking from. I think i may have bent them when taking them out because now when they are installed fuel leaks. I think i should have disconnected the hoses from the back of the motor first. Are these easy to find and replace? Im on a strict budget. Are there any seals or o-rings in there that may have come out? Thanks

Old 10-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fuel leak on top of engine.

Bending hard lines to remove a part should not be attempted. You will usually waste more time by taking the short cut... You definitely should have disconnected the line assembly from the back of the motor.

Most likely you have cut one or more of the o-rings that are down in the injector body. You can get new o-rings from the dealer. They come in a pack that services both v6 and v8 SCFI applications (more o-rings than you will need) for both the inlet/return and the individual injectors themselves. With the new o-rings, you should then remove the fuel lines from the top of the motor. Try to tweak them back to shape so they look like the ends will go into the injector body properly.

Looking at your other thread, you should have the opportunity to replace the o-rings and properly reinstall the fuel lines when you replace your lower intake manifold gaskets. Be careful not to cross thread the connections at the back of the motor.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:12 PM

THX.I went and bought that pack of O-rings for 40bucks at the local dealer. Put the new seals in and still leaks. I don't get it. Before those little black cylinders that the lines go into were deep in the holes. Now they are sticking out a little. I just ordered new lines from the dealer for 115bucks. It comes with the new clip that you bolt down to hold the lines in. The original clip seemed bent. I hope this works. if not im selling it.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure that you got everything out of the injector body?? Also, what order did you put things back down in? Check the illustration below for the proper order and what is supposed to be in there. I really do not think you need a new set of lines.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 AM

Yup. did exactly that order.I got a print out from the dealer. I bought new lines with the new clip that holds the lines in and new seals. installed new lines last night and still leaks. very little, but still leaks. Those black plastic spacers that go in last may be the problem im not sure. when i took old line out first time i forget, 2nd time they were all the way in the holes, now last night they stuck out a little like 2mm. I' really don't know. As much as i don't want to do the intake gasket i kinda have to. So I'll try again sunday when i attempt the intake gasket. Thanks for your help though. Also noticed battery went dead since truck has been sitting for a week or so. Alt charges great. not sure why that is.