2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

fuel pump question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 01:19 PM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road
Default fuel pump question

2000 blazer,buying new pump IS delphi and ac delco the same thing??????????thank you

Old 10-20-2018, 03:43 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

May not be the same. Check the below topic:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...l-pumps-97674/
AC Delco sounds a safer option.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:14 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mike.308
May not be the same. Check the below topic:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...l-pumps-97674/
AC Delco sounds a safer option.

Hey, that thread looks familiar!

I'm never getting Delphi again. Ac declo all the way.

Three Delphi pumps failed me within a few months. The third one didn't even last 15 miles!

Old 10-20-2018, 07:20 PM
Starting Member

SO hows the pump?....couldnt figure out the no splice thing,,,maybe that was when OE pumps were still alviable???....this is my second pump job,,,last was a 2000 jimmy...same mess...of coarse soldered the wires

Old 10-21-2018, 06:24 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by int3414
SO hows the pump?....couldnt figure out the no splice thing,,,maybe that was when OE pumps were still alviable???....this is my second pump job,,,last was a 2000 jimmy...same mess...of coarse soldered the wires
So far so good, only been about 300 or so miles, though.

On my 95 the pump is separate from the sending unit. There is a harness that plugs into the pump, so no soldering or splicing or any thing.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by cleburne red
So far so good, only been about 300 or so miles, though.

On my 95 the pump is separate from the sending unit. There is a harness that plugs into the pump, so no soldering or splicing or any thing.
changing fuel & vent lines to nylon,plus new fill pipes and pump....no luck finding out how the nylon worked for others....found a pin hole in fill pipe,assuming that set of a 442...maybe get a couple of years out of this 4x4.before scraping

Old 01-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Beginning Member
kess is on a distinguished road

Need to find Gray Wire going to fuel Pump 2000 Jimmy 4.3, without dropping tank! Any suggestions out there? Need to check Voltage reading...

Old 01-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Beginning Member

Anyone out there that may know the color code on the under hood fuse block for fuel pump "PRIME WIRE"coming off bottom of fuse block? ,,need to locate it..
Thanks..

Old 01-12-2019, 11:29 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by kess
Anyone out there that may know the color code on the under hood fuse block for fuel pump "PRIME WIRE"coming off bottom of fuse block? ,,need to locate it..
Thanks..
Are you talking about how to run the pump with the truck off?

It's easy ony 95, but on your 2000 it's still possible. I don't remember exactly, but. I know I've read on here how to do it

Do a search, you'll find your answer. Probably in a thread by captain hook, talking about fuel pressure

Old 01-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Beginning Member

Yes, on the 2000 Jimmy, there is a Prime Terminal on the fuse block UNDER THE HOOD, there beside the fuel pressure relay is a Prime Terminal, which goes directly to the fuel pump, uses battery voltage,,key does not have to be on,,it will run the pump as long as it is connected. I am planning on hot wiring that to a inside cab push button switch to prime pump to 61 lbs or so. Having a problem with starting sometimes,,not quite enough fuel pressure, I think due to low voltage going to fuel pump,,as it has a fairly new fuel pump in it,,not by me, but b4 I bought it 1.5 yrs. ago. I have a fuel pressure gauge hooked up under the hood, to monitor fuel pressure,,I leave it there all the time, cause sometimes I don't get enough fuel pressure to start the Jimmy, and if I go out and raise the hood and push the bleed button on the fuel pressure gauge and take the pressure to 0, then it starts right up, no problem. Strange thing,,when I clear the fuel pressure in the fuel line, it starts,,,it will also start with 56 or higher fuel pressure..Think either have low voltage back at fuel pump or maybe some sort of restriction in fuel line or some other odd situation...Has fairly new fuel filter,,about 1.5 yrs. old also. I don't think it is the fuel pump itself, as I get good pressure if I go directly from the battery voltage to fuel pump using that prime terminal hookup on the fuse block that is beside the fuel pressure relay.
thanks for your reply....Weird Problem..

Quick Reply: fuel pump question