2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

gauge problem-WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:19 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default gauge problem-WTF!

I have some euro reverse gauges that I took to a place to get them installed. I bought them off of www.procarparts.com. They said they would install them for me, but when i went to get my blazer, they said that they didn't fit. I have a picture of them in my gallery. The website said 2000 chevy blazer, which is what I have. I don't know if I should take them somewhere else, because i had to pay 2 hours worth of labor for nothing. Has anyboduy else had this problem, or is it a bunch or baloney. They said that when they put them in, there wasn't enough room for the needles to move. I don't understand how they wouldn't fit, because they are made for my blazer specificly. Any help will be appreciated.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2600/FA32DF61EE054A12938DB6C1C1C8744F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-09-2006, 12:22 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: gauge problem-WTF!

Well first, they should have called you when they saw that the needles wouldn't fit, so you could go over there and see for yourself. Second, you should have told them you weren't paying for any labor since they didn't tell you about the problem and ask you where you wanted to go from there. I bet they probably didn't even do anything. They sat there for a while, said, "Hey, who's blazer is that?" Then somebody said, "Oh, yea, we were supposed to put new guages in it or something." Then the boss says, "Oh....well just tell him they wouldn't fit" But you never know, it might not have fitted. It's just kinda weird that it is specifically for your blazer, then it won't fit. I would still ask for your money back if I were you.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:46 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: gauge problem-WTF!

I completely forgot about this post. I recently found out from a blazerforum member who has the same gauges how to put them in. I took out the cluster one day and the screws that hold the cluster in were gone. What I think they did was they tried to set the white ones ontop of the stock ones. You have to take the stock ones out and set the white ones in the same place, and put in the needles. I'm going to do it myself in the springtime. It's just too cold to go outside and work on my blazer. Thanks.