Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

WTF is up with my hood paint?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:08 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough
Default WTF is up with my hood paint?

My hood has lots of tiny cracks in the paint, and in the shade, it looks like I have lint on my hood. Does anybody else have issues with their paint? I mean, it's only 7 years old.

I'll try to take a pic to show what I mean, but I don't know if I'll have too much success with that though.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:31 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I had that problem on my previous car...I'm pretty sure it was just from the heat and sun. It caused the paint to have a bunch of little cracks like you describe. Only way I could see fixing it was a re-paint.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

I'm starting to notice that my paint is chipping really easily

But that's what touch-up paint is for

Old 11-10-2009, 10:59 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

clearcoat peeling?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by packofqtips
clearcoat peeling?
no, I don't think so

Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Starting Member
xCHIPx is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem on mine. I have them all over my hood.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:54 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Micro cracks...not all that uncommon i got them on mine also and mines only 8 years old, as far as i know theres nothing you can really do about them besides a new paint job. Just try to prevent them from spreading by keeping it out of direct sunlight as much as possible.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:38 AM

When I washed my blazer this weekend I noticed a lot of new spots, I was not happy because they were all over, and a few where quite large.

But it's the roof and how many times do you look up there anyways

Old 11-21-2009, 01:09 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The_Beast
When I washed my blazer this weekend I noticed a lot of new spots, I was not happy because they were all over, and a few where quite large.

But it's the roof and how many times do you look up there anyways
only whn you notice it starting to rust, which will soon turn into rot.

the 1st gen's were bad for that-right around the windshield-and i notice that my '98 is starting with th same s**t too, right above the driver's head area.
i was gonna pull the windshield this Summer and fix it-the windshield is really sand blasted-but due to being laid-off, iwasn't about to pull a non-cracked windshield just to fix some rust around it. it'll wait 'til Spring.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
only whn you notice it starting to rust, which will soon turn into rot.

the 1st gen's were bad for that-right around the windshield-and i notice that my '98 is starting with th same s**t too, right above the driver's head area.
i was gonna pull the windshield this Summer and fix it-the windshield is really sand blasted-but due to being laid-off, iwasn't about to pull a non-cracked windshield just to fix some rust around it. it'll wait 'til Spring.
Yeah, it was only in the clear coat and most were toward the back. I'd like to fix it but not this year it's too cold out

Quick Reply: WTF is up with my hood paint?