2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hard to start, rpm jumps and feels like running out of gas

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 05:27 PM
bandit_60 is on a distinguished road

well Cherie , you have trouble with all cars dear ! try the filter first because it sounds like fuel related !

Old 03-21-2016, 05:32 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Bandit, this is the 3rd post you said try the filter first. How about diagnosing the problem before throwing money at it

Old 03-21-2016, 06:24 PM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bandit_60
well Cherie , you have trouble with all cars dear ! try the filter first because it sounds like fuel related !
Ummm, she said she changed the filter with no change in operation...

It is quite common for the fuel pumps to be a problem and Captain Hook knows his stuff. In fact, since I doubt you took the time to even read the posted link, Captain wrote it. Following the tests will rule out needlessly changing the fuel filter. Like I said, if one is going to crawl around under a Blazer to swap out a fuel filter, you may as well test the pump while you are down there.

There is a lot of great information on this site from some very knowledgable people. I'm certainly not trying to be rude to you as a new member, however, your advice so far has been less than helpful to anyone... Maybe stick around and learn a little more before suggesting the guess and check method...

Old 04-20-2016, 05:52 AM
Cherie Melara is on a distinguished road
Angry overheating issues....

Ok I have another problem again with this blazer and if I can get I running in selling it! I can't take this anymore. I was driving home from work and first I noticed my heat wasn't warm, then I notice my blazer was starting to get hot. So I pull off and I can clearly see antifreeze in the tank. So I was almost home and I shut it off let it cool and got it home. So I did the cheapest thing and replaced thermostat, but still overheated. I check the radiator and there was no coolant at all in there but the tank was full. So filled radiator with antifreeze let it circulate thru and it still overheated. I did notice while it was running and when I was waiting on it to circulate there was bubbling in the tank with the antifreeze that was already in it. I haven't noticed any leaks or spots under it since I filled radiator. What could be the problem, water pump?? I'm so frustrated with this blazer, its been sitting broken down more then I have driven it and its causing me to miss work. I need to get it fixed BC I'm selling it as soon as I can get the temp. Correct to sell it. Please help???