2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

has anyone done a DIY bodylift?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 01:26 AM
kankoon52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has anyone done a DIY bodylift?

hey i just recently got my 2" PA body lift and i was wondering if anyone did a do it yourself on this? if not i was planning on doing one for the forums if people thought it would be a good idea. please let me know if you think this would be helpful and leave sugestions of what to take pics of and other suggestions.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 AM
mdemers2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: has anyone done a DIY bodylift?

I've been planing to do a 2" lift on my 95 4dr after winter...I say Yes it could be handy to have a Tutorial with pics....

Old 12-01-2007, 11:17 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I would be very interested to a see a DIY on this! Get to it!

Old 12-01-2007, 11:18 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

We could always use an informative, picture-laden how-to on upgrades for our trucks! Post up!

Old 12-01-2007, 12:27 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't catcht eh year of your truck.

However get pics of the bodt to frame ground straps over the rear wheels.
Get pics of the filler neck mods, if any.
pics of the tranny shift linkage wleding, if pre '95, post '95 pics of any brackets or what ever needs to be done to the shift linkage, if anything.
pics of the wiring under the battery tray, tranny cooler lines, and lower fan shroud modifications.
plus pics of the steering linkage.
get pics of your current truck and the gap between the tires and the body as it sits now, then do a few more pics after the lift.
get pics with and without the gap gaurds too.
Here's a link to my '87 body lift. Use it as a model and make improvements. Its not the best so I never really posted it.
http://offroadworld.tenmagazines.com...sp?album=11469

Old 12-01-2007, 02:07 PM
mdemers2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

87 3" lift does not seem to be accessible

Too bad,I would like to see that.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:02 PM
kankoon52 is an unknown quantity at this point

alright guys so i plan to install this today and i will get pics and make a tutorial. do i just post it in here and then a mod will move it to the DIY section? also my truck is a 2001 gmc jimmy 2dr 4x4. im hoping i wont have to do any tranny modification though. ill take pics of all that you suggested Hanr3. if anyone else has any request for pics of something let me know within the next few hours.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Starting Member
YepIOwnA97Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

post some before/after pics too!

Old 12-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Post a new thread. I will copy the content of that thread into a new thread in the DIY section, linking the DIY article to the discussion thread and vise-versa.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

try this link
http://offroadworld.tenmagazines.com...mp;album=11469

Quick Reply: has anyone done a DIY bodylift?