2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

has anyone done a DIY bodylift?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:36 PM
kankoon52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: has anyone done a DIY bodylift?

alright so i should have the diy done tomorrow or the next day. i still have to bend the shifter to work (my trucks a 5 speed) as it is it wont go into 2nd 4th or reverse. i also have to cut a bolt off the stockrear bumper bracket because the bolt is ruster on and just rounded off the edges. i didnt have to move the diff vacum actuator it acutally mounted right back to the stock spot. i did have to add some length to the negative battery cable. so far i have before pics pics of the vacum acuator pics of the oil filter bracket pics of the fan shroud the gas filler (which i still gotta finish) the front break line and some of the lift blocks. so far its a pretty easy install other then the gas filler extension and the shifter.i really liek the way its looking right now though. it sits MUCH higher and doesnt look bad at all. im still waiting on my gap guards my shackles just came today so im painting those black and then installing them.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:36 PM
kankoon52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: has anyone done a DIY bodylift?

alright so heres an update on this. i got the fuel filler neck done and got pics of it i got the bracket off the rear bumper now i just have to trim it up to fit. still gotta fix the tranny problem which im doing probally tomorrow with my dads help. and i got the passenger side lift shackle in just gotta do the drivers side. it has been a lot of work but in the end it will all be well worth it. and its probally saving me a good 100-300 bucks if i had a shop install all of it. i also got my gap guards which im going to put on tomorrow or sunday. i should have the review all ready by sunday or monday. cant wait to get it done! i guess my wheels and tires are supposed to be here the 12th which will make it even better.