2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

HELPP. NO HEAT. cold here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Starting Member
Lowrd96Blzr is on a distinguished road
Default HELPP. NO HEAT. cold here.

I have a 96 blazer four door. 4.3L vortec v6.
Blower motor was going in and out. It would work at first, then just quit.
i would hit a bump, and it would come back.
I currently have the dash ripped apart in my truck, which saddens me because this is my daily driver.
The blower motor is not blowing at all on any setting.
But when I drive it I can still fell heat coming from the vents but barely so that leads me to believe the heat works, but the blower is bad, i was wondering if there was a quick way to test SOMETHING so I could figure this out ASAP.
Maybe its just the switch? bad ground somewhere? im stumped.

please let me know if theres anything I can check into that might be a quick fix, thank you.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i had this happen to me, first check the connection of blower motor in engine bay. mine is a 99 so dont know if its same place but check right by hood hinge on passenger side. have the switch on an then go wiggle the wire. if it comes on, then disconnect and see if you can clean it. if not worse case secure it in a way that it stays on...zip tie it to another place. or if you have a warm spot to work on it fix it up right.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Starting Member
Lowrd96Blzr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
i had this happen to me, first check the connection of blower motor in engine bay. mine is a 99 so dont know if its same place but check right by hood hinge on passenger side. have the switch on an then go wiggle the wire. if it comes on, then disconnect and see if you can clean it. if not worse case secure it in a way that it stays on...zip tie it to another place. or if you have a warm spot to work on it fix it up right.
there a purple and black wire running to the switch, and I found a connector that runs into the blower motor box that has a purple and black wire running into it. its on the passenger side close to the hood hinge.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

yup those two wires run to the blower motor. are the corroded or loose?
mine were real bad every bump would shut it down and back on.

if you can get them to turn the motor on while you are playing with them secure them any way you can. be careful not to break the wires, mine were dried out as well. i zip tied mine till i was able to get some heat shrink and then tightened them up.

Last edited by warthogdriver; 12-14-2010 at 07:38 PM.