2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

How to remove upgraded spider injector plastic lugs from intake ports?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Routing of the injector lines? The video in post #7 explains exactly how to do it. The cylinder numbers are stamped on the fuel metering block. Kinda hard to mess 'em up

Old 09-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Beginning Member
globalaccessacc is on a distinguished road

Not exactly. As I mentioned in post number 7, the video only exemplifies my confusion by routing the tubes differently at different points in the video. I'm not sure which way is correct. The Delphi/Delco instruction sheet only describes -- as mentioned in an earlier post of mine -- how to route the middle tube ahead of another tube, yet since it still plugs into he middle port, they don't mention if their point is for the middle tube to route over or under the tube they want you to route it ahead of before plugging back into the middle port. The video I listed basically demonstrates exactly what the instructions say, but the video leaves the demonstration at the same place the instructions do, basically accomplishing nothing. The video guy obviously is as confused as I am, because he is shown demonstrating an installed injector body, but in two video cuts he has the tube routed differently, once with the tube routed above, and once with the tube routed below.

I'm trying to find someone on here who has done these before and who believes they know which is the proper way to route the tubes. (I'm aware which port each tube plugs into; my question relates to the routing of the tubes.)

Thanks.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:17 PM
Pale Horse is on a distinguished road

I'm going to raise this thread from the dead due to relevancy. I just broke one of the plastic lugs on one of my injectors. Would any of you by chance have an extra? I don't want to buy the whole assembly again just for that plastic piece. It would greatly help me out if anyone has one...

Old 04-19-2015, 08:29 PM
Beginning Member
globalaccessacc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pale Horse
I'm going to raise this thread from the dead due to relevancy. I just broke one of the plastic lugs on one of my injectors. Would any of you by chance have an extra? I don't want to buy the whole assembly again just for that plastic piece. It would greatly help me out if anyone has one...
I have one I can send you from an extra set I have. Brand new, even!

Old 04-19-2015, 08:32 PM
Pale Horse is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by globalaccessacc
I have one I can send you from an extra set I have. Brand new, even!
YOU are a lifesaver!

I just created this account today and I'm not new to forums; however, on this particular one I don't see any features for private messaging, what is the best way to get in touch with you to exchange info?

Old 04-19-2015, 09:52 PM
Davecubs14 is on a distinguished road

Where would you buy a plastic lug for the injectors online? Got an extra one?

Old 10-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Starting Member
evh5150 is on a distinguished road

Those "Lugs" are also called Pintle Tubes. I read somewhere that they also serve a heat dissipation purpose. You can buy these tubes by themselves here:
https://www.bonanza.com/listings/Vor...-5-7/642611977

I replaced them as part of a 4.3 engine rebuild. A few of the old ones were cracked and one I had to break to remove.

Old 03-09-2022, 02:54 PM
Dragonfire78 is on a distinguished road

I see this is old post but Are these plastic lugs easy remove. On then ends and of injectors are the new ones hard get on it went to the jy found one but after pulling it out the old ones licks broken off found set in ebay I just dont want screw the injectors up

Old 03-13-2022, 06:54 PM
Bru75 is on a distinguished road
Default What is the Procedure: Attach the Injector to Injector Tips

INJECTOR TIPS MPFI SPIDER INJECTOR 1995-2002 GMC CHEVROLET 4.3L V6

Does anyone have instructions for installing the injector tips to the injector?

Have some on order and was wondering what is the procedure.

This is an upgraded spider injector that has the injector by the intake port.

Thanks you..

Old 03-14-2022, 12:13 AM
Dragonfire78 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bru75
INJECTOR TIPS MPFI SPIDER INJECTOR 1995-2002 GMC CHEVROLET 4.3L V6

Does anyone have instructions for installing the injector tips to the injector?

Have some on order and was wondering what is the procedure.

This is an upgraded spider injector that has the injector by the intake port.

Thanks you..
I dont no im trying figure same thing put my self old ones where hard get off hope new one go on eazy

Quick Reply: How to remove upgraded spider injector plastic lugs from intake ports?